PLS HELP!!! ABANDON CAT IN TWO DAYS. PLS HELP!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS

Old September 14th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
msflyingpiggy

Default PLS HELP!!! ABANDON CAT IN TWO DAYS. PLS HELP!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS

I am leaving this country soon and i cant take my cat with me. i've
asked friends and called several animal shelters by long island and
queens to take him. so far, no one and no animal shlters would take
him. I am leaving in a coupld of days. If i cant find him a place to
stay or a new owner, I would have no choice but to let him go on his
own.

PLEASE, IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANY ANIMAL SHELTER BY NEW YORK CITY THAT WILL
TAKE CAT OR IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HIM, PLS LET ME KNOW. I really
dont want to leave him like this.

he is 7 year old male, light orange fur, neutered, domestic short
hair, very gentle and sweet. loved to be brushed and pet. i dont know
how to post picture, if you want see him, i can definitely email it to
you.
Your help is greatly appreciated. Pls help me to find him a new home.
a million thanks.

Old September 14th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

Do NOT let him go on his own. That is VERY CRUEL. It is better to surrender
him to a shelter.
Gail
oups.com...

Old September 14th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:36:36p, Matthew wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

It's a very sick torll, Gail. Not very original either.

--
Cheryl

What makes you say this I goggled the email and the only post
came back to last year when she had problems with fleas and the
kitten had watery droppings and was throwing up. She stated in
the emails that she was going to a vet

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...il.com&qt_s=Se
arch+Groups

I didn't google them. If it is a legit request for help, they have
asked way too late. That's why I said it was a troll, and again, an
unoriginal one. Personally, I don't buy it.

--
Cheryl

Old September 14th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:36:36p, Matthew wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

It's a very sick torll, Gail. Not very original either.

--
Cheryl

What makes you say this I goggled the email and the only post
came back to last year when she had problems with fleas and the
kitten had watery droppings and was throwing up. She stated in
the emails that she was going to a vet

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...il.com&qt_s=Se
arch+Groups

I didn't google them. If it is a legit request for help, they have
asked way too late. That's why I said it was a troll, and again, an
unoriginal one. Personally, I don't buy it.

Um, yeah! You're going overseas in two days, can't take your beloved cat, so
you turn to ..... USENET. Sure you do.

If it isn't a troll, I have nothing to say to this person. Stupid people
frustrate me.

Old September 14th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default PLS HELP!!! Stupid assholes should not have cats or computers

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:52:26p, cybercat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav :

If it isn't a troll, I have nothing to say to this person.
Stupid people frustrate me.

Same here. I know enough people in person who do stupid things with
their pets that frustrate me. I finally had to cut loose a friend who
breeds her dogs, and its hard to lose a friend but I have values that
mean something to me. Took a while but it was inevitable.

And you know what, it isn't really stupidity. It's total selfishness.
It's "head up the ass" syndrome. Creatures that are completely
dependent on us take first priority with decent people, whether
human or otherwise. To even consider putting an animal on the
street, pffft. Assholes.

Old September 14th 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
msflyingpiggy

paul, thanks for your help.

On Sep 14, 4:20 am, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
[...]

a million thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Old September 14th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

Dear Miss Flying Piggy,

Leaving the country? DON'T COME BACK.

Barb
Old September 14th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 14 Sep, 02:52, msflyingpiggy wrote:
[...]

Here are a few that I found on the Internet. I live in the UK, so some
of them might not be valid, but they are definately worth a call. It
is a pity that you didn't ask a little sooner, because people might
have been able to help. @ this late hour, you might find that these
shelters are already full. I hope that you do find somewhere though.

http://www.ligreyhound.org/shelters.htm

http://www.licp.org/

http://queens.about.com/od/petsanimals/index_a.htm

http://www.queenstribune.com/guides/...ice/animal.htm

This one has a list of shelters in the area that you asked for

http://cats.about.com/library/weekly/aa061401a.htm

This also has a few shelters on this page

http://queens.about.com/od/petsanimals/index_r.htm

Sheelagh *o*

Old September 14th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"msflyingpiggy" wrote in message
ups.com...
paul, thanks for your help.

You live in NY and the Brooklyn SPCA never occurred to you.