let them just be togther?

Old September 23rd 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default let them just be togther?

was lucky my place was empty last night except for me and today the
place was totally empty until now and for bit just adults

don't know what will happen tonight since Rudy sticks to the 2 bdrm's
sleeping w/him is impossible, he's all over me and yes both guys are
getting extra attention..I have chronic pain and insomnia ....sleep is
greatly valued by me

I left them alone today ..their food area had to be moved because
though each have their own bowls it's put down in the kitchen on a
tray

like I said Rudy is sticking to the bdrms and their is kitty litter
box in 1 bdrm (I have 2 boxes) but that's in the room my granddaughter
is temp using

don't know what to do about sleeping arrangments tonight

had a friend recommend a herbal supplement called rescue remedy
supposed to stop anxiety she uses it her dog & cat

at my wit's end here, the vet couldn't even help me

lynn

Old September 23rd 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default OT: Sleep aid. let them just be togther?

Response from ensoul :

I have chronic pain and insomnia ....sleep is greatly valued by me

Lynn, I cannot help at all concerning how your two cats are behaving,
but I can recommend some sleep aids.

Seroquel - drawbacks: weight gain and "drunk" feeling.
Trazadone - drawbacks: NONE.

Of course, this is how *I* react to these medications. Assuming you
have insurance or Medicare, perhaps you could ask your doctor about
them. Some places even offer medicine assistance programs, I know
Communicare does for example.

Sincerely,
A fellow chronic insomnia sufferer.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 23rd 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
. 97.142...
on Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:23:54 GMT, "-Lost"
wrote:

Seroquel - drawbacks: weight gain and "drunk" feeling.
Trazadone - drawbacks: NONE.

I have not seen the origins of this thread, but I like Ambien. Of course
doG help me if there's a fire or anything in the night, because I WILL
sleep through it. That's what keeps me from taking it very often... When
I do, I alert the kids and the grandma so they know if there is an
emergency I will not be any good to anyone.

I wake up feeling like a million bucks, too!

I envy you that. I have trouble falling, and staying asleep. I am not on
anything for it, but do find when I have a little lowfat dairy before bed it
helps me stay asleep longer. I definitely believe in better living through
chemicals, but for some reason, am repelled by the idea of taking a
sleeping pill. Maybe because my dreams are so fabulous, I am
afraid they might stop or change.

Old September 24th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

On Sep 23, 6:47?pm, Lynne wrote:
on Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:39:21 GMT, "cybercat"
wrote:

I envy you that. I have trouble falling, and staying asleep. I am not
on anything for it, but do find when I have a little lowfat dairy
before bed it helps me stay asleep longer. I definitely believe in
better living through chemicals, but for some reason, am repelled by
the idea of taking a sleeping pill. Maybe because my dreams are so
fabulous, I am afraid they might stop or change.

I'm a chronic insomniac, but it comes in phases. I'll sleep okay for a
week or two, and then not at all for the same amount of time if I don't do
anything about it. After 2 nights of no sleep, I pull out the Ambien. I
usually only need it for 2 nights in a row before I am able to get to sleep
on my own again, but it takes me forever. And that is how it helps me. I
don't have trouble staying or getting back to sleep after a potty run, but
getting to sleep is so hard for my busy little brain. I adore Ambien.

I do have fabulous dreams, too. I have even dabbled in lucid dreaming,
successfully. I haven't thought to figure out if Ambien effects my dreams.
Next time I take it I'll pay attention.

I honestly would just take it every night if I didn't have little people
and creatures who might need me during the night. I wake up feeling
spectacular when I take it, but I do take it 8.5 hours before I have to get
up because it still takes me about 30 minutes to get to sleep on it.

--
Lynne

photos of my pets:http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it

ok that's a different Lynn, note the spelling..I was taking trazadone
got fed up with 16 hrs of sleep and always having to up my dose...my
family doctor told me that w/insomnia'c you have switch back and forth
btwn sleeping meds so I called my pysh NP left her that mssg and that
wanted back on Ambien CR...doesn't matter what I take I'm always a
light sleeper I take heavy duty pain meds still doesn't matter I am
always a light sleeper

lynn

Old September 24th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

wrote:

[...]

lynn- Hide quoted text -

as for the orginal post abt sleeping med I have tried every one out,
they worl fine for awhile this just fizz out on me and I have start a
new one,,,,that;s how ended on Trazadone 25mgs used to knock me out
now I'm taking 124 mgs hoping the Ambien CR will eork, taken in the
past but it's been years

Old September 24th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

On Sep 23, 9:27?pm, Lynne wrote:
on Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:38:56 GMT, ensoul wrote:

ok that's a different Lynn, note the spelling..I was taking trazadone
got fed up with 16 hrs of sleep and always having to up my dose...my
family doctor told me that w/insomnia'c you have switch back and forth
btwn sleeping meds so I called my pysh NP left her that mssg and that
wanted back on Ambien CR...doesn't matter what I take I'm always a
light sleeper I take heavy duty pain meds still doesn't matter I am
always a light sleeper

haha, yeah, I'm Lynne with an e (so no, you did NOT post that, haha).

Trazadone, I'm not familiar with it. At any rate, 16 hours is way too much
sleep, no doubt. I think the Ambien must work so well for me because I
only take it a handful of times a month. Do you think the CR version of
Ambien is better than the plain Ambien (what I take)? I do know that
Rozerem doesn't do crap, in case you are ever inspired to try it. At least
it doesn't for me.

Also, pain meds can actually interfere with sleep, as counterintuitive as
that may seem. They are also more effective if you take them when you are
upright rather than right before you lay down to go to sleep (anecdotally,
anyway, IME). Take them about 30 minutes before you lay down so they can
start to work, but don't rely on them to help you sleep unless it is the
pain itself that is keeping you awake.

I hope you find a good solution. Insomnia is maddening.

--
Lynne

photos of my pets:http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it

the CR type Ambien is an extended release for those like me & many
others that wake up in the middle of night I have probs falling asleep
and staying a sleep

ensoul

Old September 24th 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response from ensoul :

as for the orginal post abt sleeping med I have tried every one
out, they worl fine for awhile this just fizz out on me and I have
start a new one,,,,that;s how ended on Trazadone 25mgs used to
knock me out now I'm taking 124 mgs hoping the Ambien CR will
eork, taken in the past but it's been years

Don't feel bad, it is the same here. Only I take 600mg of Seroquel
or 2 to 300mg of Trazadone.

If I do not take either one for a few weeks to a month, it takes
about half those amounts...

....problem is I sleep horribly until then.

Your doctor was right, certain types of insomnia are incurable and
you have to switch methods to fool your insomnia constantly.

The things that I know to work (or have worked for others) a

1. Diet - supposedly healthier foods help. NO caffeine, NO trans
fat or saturated fats, MORE fatty acids and mono- or polyunsaturated
fats, MORE foods that offer healthy energy... basically any
vegetables, fair amounts of fruit (too much fruit results in high
sugar levels) and lots of dietary fiber.

2. Increase your blood flow - whether by exercise, cardiovascular
routines, et cetera. I see you mentioned pain medication so you
might be immobilized to some extent. Do anything that gets your
heart beating -- even if it means flailing your arms or kicking your
legs whilst sitting down. (Of course, if you have heart-related
problems then do what you feel comfortable with or even better,
consult your doctor about the type of exercise your heart should be
able to handle.)

3. Stress I - avoid it at all costs. *glares at your cats* I
suggest not getting worked up over those two. Hopefully like some
others said, they will eventually calm down.

4. Stress II - find an outlet for your stress. ANYTHING you enjoy
will work. Writing, reading, playing games, talking on the phone
with a friend whatever. If it happens to be something like walking,
hiking, or swimming then you get the added benefit of stress relief
and exercise.

So, just some things to keep in mind if you are able. I hate to see
another person going through the crap I have to deal with. I know it
is horrible. And most days it does not seem to get any better...

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.