Alternative treatments for cancer

Old September 28th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Alternative treatments for cancer

One of my cats (11 years old, male, indoor only, neutered) was just
diagnosed with cancer in the liver and spleen. The poor guy has been put
through so much lately, that I've pretty much decided to let him live out
his days in peace instead of tormenting him with any more visits to offices
that frighten him and treatments that sicken him.

I've been reading about the Budwig Diet -- flaxseed oil and cottage cheese
-- and how it can be very helpful for cancer. Does anyone have any
experience with this or other things I might try to extend his life?

Thanks.

JEP
Old September 29th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 28 Sep, 21:39, wrote:
One of my cats (11 years old, male, indoor only, neutered) was just
diagnosed with cancer in the liver and spleen. The poor guy has been put
through so much lately, that I've pretty much decided to let him live out
his days in peace instead of tormenting him with any more visits to offices
that frighten him and treatments that sicken him.

I've been reading about the Budwig Diet -- flaxseed oil and cottage cheese
-- and how it can be very helpful for cancer. Does anyone have any
experience with this or other things I might try to extend his life?

Thanks.

JEP

Hi JEP,

I'm really sorry that I can't help you out with Cancer of the spleen &
liver, because I have never personaly cared for a cat that suffered
from this condition. In view of this, I am going to point you to the
best web site that I can think of that might cover this subject. I
trust the person that set this site up implicitly. If there are
questions that you might have that aren't on that page, there is an
email option available. If you have a question, then ask. Give the
responder time to answer your email, because he spends full time
collecting colonies of cats so that they can neuter & spay them before
homing them again, so his time is a bit limited.

If there others out there that might know alternative therapies, then
I hope they come forward. If Phil gets the chance to reply, he will
give you the information that you need, to decide what to do for the
best, to make both your cat's life bare able, & your life livable
without worrying that you made the wrong decision.

You also emotionally need to think in advance about how things will
be, when he leaves you to cross the Rainbow Bridge, are you ready to
cope with that, & Being Certain that you made the right decisions, or
not? I don't ask this question lightly at all. It is an extremely
important subject. To some people when an animal dies, especially a
fur ball, it can be as traumatic as loosing a true family member- Yet
people look @ you as if you have left your senses!!

I really do hope that you will find the answers that you seek
regarding the diet you suggest, but I honestly don't know, so it would
be wrong of me to speculate on that. I hope that others might? If they
do, they will post.

Please don't think we are ignoring it, will you? Sometimes it's hard
to answer some of the questions that people ask, but we do try our
best, Honestly! However, I think most of us would choose to use
conventional method of getting rid of the tumour. Having said that,
some of us do choose not to intervene & decide to allow our pets to
live out their lives naturally. If this is how you feel, then it is
your right as the cat slave )

We think that as long as you are in contact with the true
possibilities( & the facts about those possibilities that might/ can
be explored if you feel it is right. You might not- But @ least you
will have a greater understanding of what the facts are if that makes
sense?) that face you soon, that you are doing what is right for the
cat & you too.

I noticed your post & thought of the best link I could find that might
help you. Phil's site covers most eventualities. I hope it helps you
through the next few months. Please stay in touch? It would be nice to
be around to help you through this difficult time. I feel for you
terribly. It must be such a terrible decision to make- I had an old
timer who died on me last year. He was such a nice Puss, & it tore my
heart to pieces- Having others around who cared as well, & it helped
me a lot. It would be great to share a photo of your feline family
member if you wouldn't mind?

Here Is the link: http://maxshouse.com

Live every day for the sheer love of knowing one another.
Look forward to speaking to you again Soon!
Best Wishes,
Purrs of Comfort to ease the Soul,
Sheelagh "o"