How many do you have?

Old October 4th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default How many do you have?

I only have one pussy. Tried to get her a friend twice but each time
she hissed at the other.

A friend has 4 and they all sleep with her.

Old October 4th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:54:05 -0700, James
wrote:

I only have one pussy. Tried to get her a friend twice but each time
she hissed at the other.

A friend has 4 and they all sleep with her.

I have three.

Some cats do seem to be loners but I think that is the exception.
Hissing is normal when cats are introduced, and introducting them is
not just a matter of opening a carrier and letting the new one out.
Old October 4th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"James" wrote in message
oups.com...
I only have one pussy. Tried to get her a friend twice but each time
she hissed at the other.

A friend has 4 and they all sleep with her.

Five here - but we did have one for only a short time that couldn't be
introduced to the rest even after 6 weeks of a slow introduction (what
really bothered us was her viciously attacking our two ten-week-old
kittens - that's just not cat-like behavior, so she went back to her foster
home).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 4th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

Nine.

Three, in and out upstairs, not confined.

Six, in and out downstairs, confined to a big fenced-in back
yard.

On cool and cold nights, the downstairs six sleep with
me in a room made warm by a radiator-type electric
heater. It's great to sleep in a bed full of snuggling
cats. And they always start groaning if I disturb them
by turning over or getting up.

Old October 5th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Suzie-Q[_2_]

In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

"James" wrote in message
oups.com...
I only have one pussy. Tried to get her a friend twice but each time
she hissed at the other.

A friend has 4 and they all sleep with her.

Five here - but we did have one for only a short time that couldn't be
introduced to the rest even after 6 weeks of a slow introduction (what
really bothered us was her viciously attacking our two ten-week-old
kittens - that's just not cat-like behavior, so she went back to her foster
home).

Hugs,

CatNipped

seven

--

8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

As seen on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/wacvet

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Old October 5th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:54:05 -0700, James wrote:

I only have one pussy. Tried to get her a friend twice but each time
she hissed at the other.

A friend has 4 and they all sleep with her.

I have only one but she is big enough to equal two or three cats. MLB
Old October 5th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Calvin" wrote :

And they always start groaning if I disturb them
by turning over or getting up.

That's really cute.

Old October 5th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 4 Oct, 04:54, James wrote:
I only have one pussy. Tried to get her a friend twice but each time
she hissed at the other.

A friend has 4 and they all sleep with her.

7 Full - time
Belle,
Ringo,
Biffy,
Taz,
Tiggy,
Lucy(fur!!),
Lilly...
And foster Queens & Kittens on an almost permanent basis too.

Sheelagh"o"

Old October 5th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Two inside cats - Tiger and Amber. There are no ferals or strays (I am
surrounded by forest that contains many predators).

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')