advantage or frontline

Old October 10th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ANTHONY DIODATI

Default advantage or frontline

I just used advantage or frontline one of the 2, on my cat On Sept. 14th.,
and the
fleas were falling off of her 1/2 dead.
What do you think is better,advantage or frontline ?

I am starting to see fleas on her again, and she is scratching, is it too
soon to put another treatment on her.
I used it on Sept. 14th.
Also has anyone heard of something you can buy at Wal mart, supposed to be
made by Ortho, think she said an orange bottle or jug, and I'm not sure if
you mix it or what, but Someone was
telling me about it, and you put it in an old windex bottle and spray the
rugs and the like .She said it worked well, but I could not find it at wal
mart.
Said it was cheaper like this than the pre mixed or smaller bottle.
Thanks,
Tony

Old October 10th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ken Lopez

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:05:03 +0000, ANTHONY DIODATI wrote:

I just used advantage or frontline one of the 2, on my cat On Sept. 14th.,
and the
fleas were falling off of her 1/2 dead.
What do you think is better,advantage or frontline ?

I am starting to see fleas on her again, and she is scratching, is it too
soon to put another treatment on her.
I used it on Sept. 14th.
Also has anyone heard of something you can buy at Wal mart, supposed to be
made by Ortho, think she said an orange bottle or jug, and I'm not sure if
you mix it or what, but Someone was
telling me about it, and you put it in an old windex bottle and spray the
rugs and the like .She said it worked well, but I could not find it at wal
mart.
Said it was cheaper like this than the pre mixed or smaller bottle.
Thanks,
Tony

I use Frontline. Any time I´ve tried it, Advantage has made all my cats
bug-eyed, dazed and drooly for an hour or so after application. Yes, I
use the proper weight ampule. Yes, I know how and where to apply it.
My Siamese cats, all gone now, used to have the worst reactions.

Ken
________
Old October 10th 07, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response from Ken Lopez :

[...]

Oh jeez, Ken. Now you have me worried. I don't suppose you know if
Hartz ever had that type of effect do you?

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old October 10th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ken Lopez

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 05:47:51 -0500, -Lost wrote:

Response from Ken Lopez :

[...]

I had read several articles about Hartz flea remedy problems so I have
avoided their products, any of their products, actually.

The only reason I kept on with Advantage was that my vet sold it and
pushed it. ´Changed vets and the suggestion was to try Frontline. The
new vet sold no products. Draw your own conclusions. (smile)

Ken
_______