Something wrong with my dwarf hamster?

Old October 15th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bunny

Default Something wrong with my dwarf hamster?

My dwarf hamster is acting kind of weird. The first week I got her she
was fine and slept in her bed. Then she constantly kept changing where
she slept. And now she doesn't even sleep in her bed. She just lays
somewhere or under her wheel. I give her a toilet roll so she can chew
but she doesn't do that. She doesn't chew on anything I give her but
the cage. She also has been doing a lot of biting and scratching.
Yesterday I saw a wound near her neck on the left side

Old October 16th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message

"Bunny"

And this has what to do with cats hence rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hey! There is no rec.pets.dwarf.hamsters.health+behav. Besides, he may have
been bitten by a cat.

Old October 16th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

"cybercat" wrote in :

"Matthew" wrote in message

"Bunny"

And this has what to do with cats hence rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hey! There is no rec.pets.dwarf.hamsters.health+behav. Besides, he may
have been bitten by a cat.

The hamster or the poster?

Old October 16th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article .com,
Bunny wrote:
My dwarf hamster is acting kind of weird. The first week I got her she
was fine and slept in her bed. Then she constantly kept changing where
she slept. And now she doesn't even sleep in her bed. She just lays
somewhere or under her wheel. I give her a toilet roll so she can chew
but she doesn't do that. She doesn't chew on anything I give her but
the cage. She also has been doing a lot of biting and scratching.
Yesterday I saw a wound near her neck on the left side

Try asking in alt.sex.bestiality.hamster.duct-tape
Old October 16th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:10:28 -0400, cybercat wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
[quoted text muted]

Hey! There is no rec.pets.dwarf.hamsters.health+behav. Besides, he may have
been bitten by a cat.

There is one on hamsters. I used to read it.
I went through the "hamster experience" when my son was about 10 years old.
No more hamsters for us. MLB
Old October 16th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"mlbriggs" wrote
There is one on hamsters. I used to read it.
I went through the "hamster experience" when my son was about 10 years
old.
No more hamsters for us.

Yes. The short life span. A blonde hamster named Almustafa
broke my heart when I was a child. It was wet tail.

Old October 16th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:39:37 -0400, cybercat wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote
[quoted text muted]

Yes. The short life span. A blonde hamster named Almustafa
broke my heart when I was a child. It was wet tail.

-----
Two hamsters living together equal disaster! I found one dead after about
a week. The other one chewed its wooden platform and apparently got
splinters in its intestines. It then chewed it hind end until it bled
badly. I had to put it down. No more hamsters! MLB

two of them together equals disaster. One of ours just laid down and died
as far as I could tell. The other one chewed the wooden platform in its
cage and apparently got splinters in its intestines. It chewed at its
bottom and it bled so badly I had to euthanise it. No more hamsters. MLB
Old October 16th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
Matthew wrote:

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
.. .
In article .com,
Bunny wrote:
My dwarf hamster is acting kind of weird. The first week I got her she
was fine and slept in her bed. Then she constantly kept changing where
she slept. And now she doesn't even sleep in her bed. She just lays
somewhere or under her wheel. I give her a toilet roll so she can chew
but she doesn't do that. She doesn't chew on anything I give her but
the cage. She also has been doing a lot of biting and scratching.
Yesterday I saw a wound near her neck on the left side

Try asking in alt.sex.bestiality.hamster.duct-tape

Now how would you know about that ;-)

Looked up groups containing the word "hamster"

That one seemed appropriate for the OP.

Are you a regular there? LOL.
Old October 16th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

Bunny wrote:
My dwarf hamster is acting kind of weird. The first week I got her she
was fine and slept in her bed. Then she constantly kept changing where
she slept. And now she doesn't even sleep in her bed. She just lays
somewhere or under her wheel. I give her a toilet roll so she can chew
but she doesn't do that. She doesn't chew on anything I give her but
the cage. She also has been doing a lot of biting and scratching.
Yesterday I saw a wound near her neck on the left side

Try asking in alt.sex.bestiality.hamster.duct-tape

Now how would you know about that ;-)

Looked up groups containing the word "hamster"

That one seemed appropriate for the OP.

Are you a regular there? LOL.

Nope the only thing going near my a@@ is TP maybe some preparation H after a
Mexican meal ;-)

That's probably a bit more detail than I really needed,
but thanks, I think.
Old October 16th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

"Matthew" wrote in
:

I ain't know cheap date like
Cybercat is ;-)

LOL

Oh oh, now you are in for it!

Andy

OT - The Amasin Spider - Hamster?!?!?!?!? Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 0 May 14th 06 10:34 PM
Something is very wrong Paul F Austin Cat anecdotes 12 February 2nd 06 12:43 PM
Is this wrong? Juls Cat health & behaviour 13 October 9th 05 01:30 AM
Hamster gawkers Cheryl Cat anecdotes 18 June 30th 04 05:01 AM
Hey, what happened to the hamster? Mischief Cat anecdotes 19 January 29th 04 11:26 AM