HELP - Cat just home from having dental procedure

Old October 20th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Legale

Default HELP - Cat just home from having dental procedure

Just brought my cat home after dental cleaning and having an absessed tooth
pulled. The vet said her breathing would sound congested from her having a
tube down her throat. Indeed her breathing sounds like she has a very loud
congested purr (but there is no purr). The doctor didn't say how long this
would go on... anyone know?

She looks so tired, but she will not sleep. She was sent home with a
morphine type liquid med in syringes for pain, and I gave that to her 1-1/2
hours ago. I hoped that would make her comfortable and let her sleep, but
she just sits up, occasionally paces, and looks worn out. Shouldn't she be
tired and be out by now?

I've never had a cat go through this before, so if anyone can answer my
questions, I would appreciate it.

Old October 20th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Legale

but what about the congested breathing? the vet said something about it
being from the trach tube, etc. but I didn't think to ask how long it would
last... she seems really uncomfortable about it. If still bad in the AM,
I'll call their office.

Old October 20th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
SantaSteeler

many vets do not use the trach tube anymore. they actually hang the cat by
the back legs there in the tube for breathing is not a necessity.

Old October 20th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Legale

I'm not sure whether to call you a creepor a jerk.

.. .

Old October 20th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"SantaSteeler" wrote in message
.. .
many vets do not use the trach tube anymore. they actually hang the cat
by the back legs there in the tube for breathing is not a necessity.

"Tara Legale" wrote in message
but what about the congested breathing? the vet said something about it
being from the trach tube, etc. but I didn't think to ask how long it
would last... she seems really uncomfortable about it. If still bad in
the AM, I'll call their office.

That seals it, I am never having my cats in for dentals.

Old October 20th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Legale

"cybercat" wrote in message
That seals it, I am never having my cats in for dentals.

Well then, you are as dumb as I was. My cat is 9 years old and never in
for dental work. She ended up with horrible tartar, an absessed tooth, and
the beginnings of kidney problems because I was scared to bring her in.
So, bite the bullet like I did and bring your cat in sooner than I did. It
will be easier on your cat, and you, if you don't wait as long as I did.

Old October 20th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
SantaSteeler

by the way that is how they did my mom's yorkie. of course it does only
work for small animals. it is a true procedure.

Old October 20th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

I have no clue about your problem, but I am hoping I can ask you
something without being insulted...

How did you know your cat had a dental problem? Something you noticed?
Abnormal behavior?

Thanks.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old October 20th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-Lost" wrote in message
I have no clue about your problem, but I am hoping I can ask you
something without being insulted...

How did you know your cat had a dental problem? Something you noticed?
Abnormal behavior?

Who are you talking to?

If you include a snippet of the post to which you are replying, we might
know.
Thanks.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Dental Barb Cat health & behaviour 0 May 23rd 06 04:47 PM
UPDATE: Procedure [email protected] Cat anecdotes 20 June 20th 05 04:25 PM
Francis' "little procedure" Priscilla H. Ballou Cat health & behaviour 125 February 7th 05 01:59 AM
Laser use in neutering procedure? Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 15 November 30th 04 01:57 AM
bottle feeding procedure Aphrodite's Cat Cat rescue 1 October 9th 03 03:13 PM