Change in behavious after vaccination?

Old October 21st 07, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mike R

Default Change in behavious after vaccination?

Hi All,

We have 2 kittens, approx. 14 wks old, male and female (brother and sister).
They have just had their second course of vaccinations 5 days ago. The male
is back to his usual self - paws into everthing etc.... however, the female
appears to be very quiet, doesnt want to play, sleeps most of the time. This
is totally the opposite of what she was before the vaccination. She is
eating and drinking water.

It is usual for kittens to take a week to recover from the vaccination? if
there is no "playful" signs by Tuesday will will take her back to the VET
for a checkup.

Thanks

Mike

Old October 21st 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

It is a bit unusual that your cat is not acting normal by now. I'd
definitely have your vet check her. She may be experiencing a reaction to
the shots. I would try to go sooner than Tues. if you can. My cat has had
reactions to vaccinations which required him getting a shot of a steroid to
counteract the reaction to the vaccination.

S.

Old October 21st 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mike R

Hi,

yes, we thought that this morning and took her to the vet. She had a
temperature so she gave her something to bring this down and we are taking
her back tomorrow morning for a check up.

Kind Regards

Mike

. ..

Old October 23rd 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
PawsForThought

Hi Mike,
You might want to check out this excellent website to learn more about
vaccines:

www.catshots.com

Self Vaccination Mary Cat health & behaviour 13 June 20th 06 06:41 AM
Vaccination advice [email protected] Cat anecdotes 12 May 21st 06 08:34 PM
FIP vaccination kaleigh Cat anecdotes 18 March 20th 06 01:41 PM
PLEASE READ: Action needed to change Orange County policy requiring FIV vaccination MaryL Cat health & behaviour 19 July 2nd 05 05:11 PM
FVR-CP Vaccination: Only Annual? Caroline Cat health & behaviour 12 March 26th 04 01:14 AM