Baby Cat

Old October 27th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ANTHONY DIODATI

Default Baby Cat

I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on something,
she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
As soon as I come in, she is fine.
But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
Thanks, Tony

Old October 28th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ANTHONY DIODATI

Oh Boy, really?
I hope Cleopatra grows out of it.
Thanks, Tony
"Matthew" wrote in message
Some do some don't My phantom is 13 going on 14 and cries if I go

outside
if he can see me till I come back in

Old October 28th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda[_3_]

Hi there, your title said baby cat -- did you mean the cat is 6 weeks old?

If she is 6 months, is she fixed yet?

Rhonda

Old October 28th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

6 months is not exactly little. But they are all different. She is clearly
insecure. Perhaps taken from mom too early. I swear I just hate it when I
hear about 6 week old kittens being taken from their mothers. It is just
way too youmg.

She'll be fine. She's probably going to be needy her whole life. My 11
year old cat is the same way. ery needy and isecure. It's just his nature.

Paul

Old October 28th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ANTHONY DIODATI

Rhonda
No, she is about 6 months, I meant she acts like a "baby"
She is not fixed.I thought if I don't let her out it would be OK, although I
guess she could excape.
Don't think she is in heat yet. When I come in she is fine though.

Paul, I was thinking maybe she was taken too early.
I always thought 6 weeks was the normal time to wean them. I hope this does
not continue all her life. I can not be up here 24/7
I have been trying to give her more attention, but it does not seem to help.
Thanks, Tony

Old October 28th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 22:37:56 +0000, ANTHONY DIODATI wrote:

I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on something,
she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
As soon as I come in, she is fine.
But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
Thanks, Tony

Suggestion: When you leave the house, be sure to turn on a radio --
perhaps a "talk" station would make her feel less lonely. Some cats seem
to enjoy music also. When I go out I always leave the radio on even those
my cat is 10 years old. Best wishes. MLB
Old October 28th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook

Rhonda
No, she is about 6 months, I meant she acts like a "baby"
She is not fixed.I thought if I don't let her out it would be OK, although

guess she could excape.
Don't think she is in heat yet. When I come in she is fine though.

Spay her after her first heat. I am a firm believer that cats do so much
better when their bodies are allowed to mature before being spayed or
neutered. You just get a healthier animal in the long run.

Paul, I was thinking maybe she was taken too early.
I always thought 6 weeks was the normal time to wean them. I hope this

does
not continue all her life. I can not be up here 24/7
I have been trying to give her more attention, but it does not seem to

help.
Thanks, Tony

I feel that kittens should be kept with their mothers for 12 weeks. Mom
teaches them a lot of things in that time and the kittens grow up to be
better cats. Fewer bad habits like biting for example. Your kitten will
outgrow some of it in a year or so. Hard to say just how much. But at 6
months their personalities are basically set for life. Still, she is just
crying and laying a guilt trip on you. One idea would be to get a second
cat about her age. A companion may be what she needs.

Paul

Old October 28th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Oct 27, 3:37 pm, "ANTHONY DIODATI"
wrote:
I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on something,
she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
As soon as I come in, she is fine.
But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
Thanks, Tony

She needs something that reminds her you will come back. Try rubbing
your hair with a blanket or stuffed toy and when you leave, give it to
her. When you come back, take it away until next time.

Deprived cats aren't given many opportunities to feel secure, so we
must help them along.

Distract her with a toy that is only for when you are gone. If she
likes treats, get a puzzle box or a treat cube you can put treats in,
put in down when you are gone for a while, and she can amuse herself
with it to take her mind off things.

The radio is a good idea too. She just wants to feel she isn't alone.

Everyone thinks they can keep the cat in. If everyone could, there
wouldn't be so many kittens in shelters. She needs spaying to keep her
contented, because the hormones are clamoring, and none of us can
resist their call.

If she does get out, she will come back pregnant, because cats won't
stop until they get the signal that says they are.

Old October 28th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ANTHONY DIODATI

She does still bite.
I take it you mean another cat?

Old October 28th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ANTHONY DIODATI

I will try that,
She was good today, fwiw, let me put a shelf together out front with out
carrying on.
Time will; tell
"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 22:37:56 +0000, ANTHONY DIODATI wrote:

I have a little female kitten, she is about 6 months old.
I am wondering if you think she will grow out of this.
The problem is, any time I go downstairs or out side to work on

something,
she constantly carries on crying for me to come back in.
As soon as I come in, she is fine.
But it is very very annoying to hear this carrying on that she does.
Anyone ever have a kitten like this and did she grow out of it?
Thanks, Tony

Suggestion: When you leave the house, be sure to turn on a radio --
perhaps a "talk" station would make her feel less lonely. Some cats seem
to enjoy music also. When I go out I always leave the radio on even those
my cat is 10 years old. Best wishes. MLB

Baby is on its way.... Kate Cat anecdotes 8 November 6th 06 06:00 PM
Baby Ian Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 3 May 13th 06 12:15 AM
OK, so I'm a Big Baby CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 December 12th 04 02:31 AM
Welcome new baby!!! Gracecat Cat anecdotes 58 May 7th 04 10:44 PM
Baby, baby don't get hooked on me Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 20 April 9th 04 07:06 PM