Is this an actual cat?

Old November 16th 07, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default Is this an actual cat?

http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/

Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This cat
looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a serval --
especially since its ears are down in each shot.

Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it so no
clue where it actually came from.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old November 16th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/16/2007 6:35 PM):
http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/

Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This cat
looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a serval --
especially since its ears are down in each shot.

Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it so no
clue where it actually came from.

I would have said it was a Bengal - but the shape of the head in the 2nd
photo doesn't seem to be that of a domestic cat. Could be wrong though,
never seen a Bengal in real life.

jmc
Old November 16th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to jmc :

Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/16/2007 6:35 PM):
http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/

Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This
cat looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a
serval -- especially since its ears are down in each shot.

Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it
so no clue where it actually came from.

I would have said it was a Bengal - but the shape of the head in
the 2nd photo doesn't seem to be that of a domestic cat. Could be
wrong though, never seen a Bengal in real life.

As in tiger? Or something else... ?

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old November 16th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "Matthew" :

"-Lost" wrote in message
http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/

Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This
cat looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a
serval -- especially since its ears are down in each shot.

Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it
so no clue where it actually came from.

That is a real cat. I forgot what the name is

Oh, is it really? I swore it was some wild species of feline. I
mean... its beautiful but at the same time looks like a wild beast.

And REALLY muscled with a big mouth, and those teeth -- I think
that's the part that freaks me out.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old November 16th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/17/2007 7:28 AM):
Response to jmc :

Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/16/2007 6:35 PM):
http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/

Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This
cat looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a
serval -- especially since its ears are down in each shot.

Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it
so no clue where it actually came from.

I would have said it was a Bengal - but the shape of the head in
the 2nd photo doesn't seem to be that of a domestic cat. Could be
wrong though, never seen a Bengal in real life.

As in tiger? Or something else... ?

No, it's a largish breed of domestic cat: http://www.bengalcat.com/

jmc
Old November 16th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, -Lost exclaimed (11/17/2007 7:31 AM):
Response to "Matthew" :

"-Lost" wrote in message
http://picasaweb.google.com/Lost.Gabby/IsThisACat/

Is this an actual cat? By cat I mean of the house variety. This
cat looks like it could be some kind of lynx or maybe even a
serval -- especially since its ears are down in each shot.

Ignore the "l33t" writing on the first photo, I didn't write it
so no clue where it actually came from.

That is a real cat. I forgot what the name is

Oh, is it really? I swore it was some wild species of feline. I
mean... its beautiful but at the same time looks like a wild beast.

And REALLY muscled with a big mouth, and those teeth -- I think
that's the part that freaks me out.

Well, it could be a domestic bengal cat, or finding a picture at the
link I gave, it could be the Bengal's predecessor, the Asian Leopard
Cat. Have a look at the picture in the upper right:

http://www.bengalcat.com/images/alc1bb16.jpg

jmc
Old November 18th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to jmc :

Well, it could be a domestic bengal cat, or finding a picture at the
link I gave, it could be the Bengal's predecessor, the Asian Leopard
Cat. Have a look at the picture in the upper right:

http://www.bengalcat.com/images/alc1bb16.jpg

Ah, OK. Having looked at both links I think that's probably it. Or
even a bit of what RobZip said too. That it's a Bengal plus a little
something on the wild side.

Thanks for the links by the way.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old November 18th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "RobZip" :

"-Lost" wrote in message
That is a real cat. I forgot what the name is

Oh, is it really? I swore it was some wild species of feline. I
mean... its beautiful but at the same time looks like a wild
beast.

And REALLY muscled with a big mouth, and those teeth -- I think
that's the part that freaks me out.

Perhaps an Ashera? Recently created cross of Asian Leopard cat and
domestic as is the Bengal, but with Lynx thrown in the mix. Still,
the pics of the Asheras I've seen show more of a domestic cat
appearance of the head. I came acros a site discusing the Ashera
where the guy promoting the breed is reputed to be of a rather
shady background in his previous financial dealings. He is
reported to want the $22,000 purchase price of an Ashera nine
months in advance of delivery.

Thanks for that information, RobZip. And um... yeah, I wouldn't pay
for ANYTHING 9 months in advance. Especially if it cost $22,000.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.