cat sometimes pees every 5 minutes but

Old November 21st 07, 09:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default cat sometimes pees every 5 minutes but

One day my cat acts distressed around the semi-neglected litterbox
then the next day he uses the litterbox or any convenient item, but
pees only a teaspoon or less amount of pee.

Cats can get noided when thier poo box is dirty and neglected and may
act anxious even after the wrong of the neglect of their poo box is
righted.

He never acted this way before, well maybe something similar. I hope
he is OK. He's kinda on the dumb side for a cat but he is our dumb and
we love him.

We have no problem with taking him to the cat hospital. Bad for work
and the holiday but we
can work through that if needed.

Anybody see this before with cats before? He really does look
uncomfortable when he does this
Old November 22nd 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Matthew wrote:
wrote in message

bobblespin wrote:
wrote in news:727eceb9-74f1-4624-ab6f-
:

One day my cat acts distressed around the semi-neglected litterbox
then the next day he uses the litterbox or any convenient item, but
pees only a teaspoon or less amount of pee.

Cats can get noided when thier poo box is dirty and neglected and may
act anxious even after the wrong of the neglect of their poo box is
righted.

He never acted this way before, well maybe something similar. I hope
he is OK. He's kinda on the dumb side for a cat but he is our dumb and
we love him.

We have no problem with taking him to the cat hospital. Bad for work
and the holiday but we
can work through that if needed.

Anybody see this before with cats before? He really does look
uncomfortable when he does this

Sounds like a urinary tract infection which has to be treated RIGHT AWAY
by
your vet. It is very, very serious, and extremely painful. Don't delay,
go today.

Thanks for the replies, he went to the cat doctor early in the
morning, and was back in the afternoon and he is on antibiotics.

I am glad you took everyone advice. I came in to late they had already
posted.

Well he didn't seem right so it was pretty much decided that he was
going to the vet..

Did the vet diagnose a UTI if so did he talk to you about a possible diet
change

It was uti but I didn't talk to the vet, I'll get clued in later.
Old November 22nd 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:48:40 -0500, Matthew wrote:

wrote in message
[quoted text muted]

Thanks for listening to the group and paying attention to the problem

[quoted text muted]

No problem cats that are on dry food tend to get them more. I started
using urinary tract healthy dry food

I glad the little one will be better

What is the name of the urinary tract dry food? MLB
Old November 22nd 07, 08:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav, rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

cindys wrote:
wrote in message

snip

Thanks for the replies, he went to the cat doctor early in the
morning, and was back in the afternoon and he is on antibiotics.

-----------
Purrs for your kitty. May he have a complete recovery!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Thank you. I sure hope so.

There's my boy: http://sfw.7chan.org/cat/src/119571412234.jpg

I think he's daydreaming

Here is more cats and easy cat picture posting http://sfw.7chan.org/cat/
Kats only no dogs allowed

keep in mind some of the links there other than the above may be
offensive to some as it's a mostly uncensored imageboard. It's kind of
a japanese internet thing.

Your welcome to speak your engrish there, almost expected. An example
http://www.engrish.com/

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
Old November 22nd 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

wrote in
:

cindys wrote:
wrote in message

snip

Thanks for the replies, he went to the cat doctor early in the
morning, and was back in the afternoon and he is on antibiotics.

-----------
Purrs for your kitty. May he have a complete recovery!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Thank you. I sure hope so.

There's my boy:
http://sfw.7chan.org/cat/src/119571412234.jpg

A real handsome fellow. Glad he's on antibiotics and I hope he doesn't
ever get another infection, but at least now you'll know the symptons if
it happens again.

Bobble

Old November 28th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav, rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

cindys wrote:
wrote in message

cindys wrote:
wrote in message

snip

Thanks for the replies, he went to the cat doctor early in the
morning, and was back in the afternoon and he is on antibiotics.
-----------
Purrs for your kitty. May he have a complete recovery!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Thank you. I sure hope so.

There's my boy: http://sfw.7chan.org/cat/src/119571412234.jpg

I think he's daydreaming

-----------
What a dreamboat. I wish I could hug him through my monitor. Take good care
of that sweet boy!

Speaking of dreamboat. We have always said he looks like a ship on the
carpeted seas.
Traveling to distant lands.

Seeking kat food and katnip.

He's in good hands!
Old November 28th 07, 09:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Nov 21, 7:47�am, "cindys" wrote:
wrote in message

One day my cat acts distressed around the semi-neglected litterbox
then the next day he uses the litterbox or any convenient item, but
pees only a teaspoon or less amount of pee.

Cats can get noided when thier poo box is dirty and neglected and may
act anxious even after the wrong of the neglect of their poo box is
righted.

He never acted this way before, well maybe something similar. I hope
he is OK. He's kinda on the dumb side for a cat but he is our dumb and
we love him.

We have no problem with taking him to the cat hospital. Bad for work
and the holiday but we
can work through that if needed.

Anybody see this before with cats before? He really does look
uncomfortable when he does this

--------
This is how cats behave when they have a urinary tract infection. They
associate the litter box with painful urination, so they urinate
elsewhere.The small amount of urine is also concerning for crystals, which
can indicate an impending blockage and is an emergency/life threatening
situation. �Please take him to the cat hospital ASAP.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.- Hide quoted text -

Can't you read, fr�ulein.....? They said they can but would rather
not.

IBen Getiner