Poinsetta's

Old December 8th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
desgnr

Default Poinsetta's

Are Poinsettas dangerous to cat's ?

Old December 8th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Psipsini

I believe they are, but have a low toxicity.
how much did your cat eat? It can be very irritating to the stomach
and your cat might throw it up.
You should call your vet and confirm.

Old December 8th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 8 Dec, 15:18, "desgnr" wrote:
Are Poinsettas dangerous to cat's ?

yes, as are lilies, or at least the pollen is and some cats in this
country have actually died after ingesting it.

there are quite a few plants which are dangerous to cats but i can't
remember which ones

bookie
Old December 9th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
yngver

On Dec 8, 9:18 am, "desgnr" wrote:
Are Poinsettas dangerous to cat's ?

No, they are not. Your cat might vomit after chewing on one, however,
because the sap cam be an irritant.

Every year the American Florist Society puts out a press release to
try to put to death this persistent rumor that poinsettias are
poisonous, yet in a survey only 16 percent of Americans knew that
poinsettias are non-toxic.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/poinsettias.htm
http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/poinsettia.asp
http://www.landsteward.org/page.cfm/21187

-yngver
Old December 9th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
yngver

On Dec 8, 2:44 pm, bookie wrote:
On 8 Dec, 15:18, "desgnr" wrote:

Are Poinsettas dangerous to cat's ?

yes, as are lilies, or at least the pollen is and some cats in this
country have actually died after ingesting it.

In which country? In the U.S. at least, from what I have read there
has never been a documented case of a pet or human being dying from
eating poinsettia. Researchers at Ohio State University have measured
the effects of ingesting unusually high doses of all parts of the
plant by rats, and found the plants to be non-toxic.
-yngver
Old December 9th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Sat, 08 Dec 2007 15:18:52 GMT from desgnr :
Are Poinsettas dangerous to cat's ?

Dangerous to a cat's *what*?

If you mean dangerous to cats (plural), then I believe the answer is
yes.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/