Drinkwell Platinum Anyone?

Old December 16th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RPS

Default Drinkwell Platinum Anyone?

Why all this gadgetry, what is wrong with a clean bowl and changing the
water a few times a day?
Old December 16th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Sun, 16 Dec 2007 02:37:35 -0600 from RPS :
Why all this gadgetry, what is wrong with a clean bowl and changing the
water a few times a day?

Are you home all day every day?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Old December 16th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RPS

Stan Brown wrote:

: Why all this gadgetry, what is wrong with a clean bowl and changing the
: water a few times a day?
:
: Are you home all day every day?

Why, are you changing water every few minutes and why? I fill her bowl
a few times a day, from the same Brita pitcher that I drink from.
Old December 17th 07, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, RPS exclaimed (12/16/2007 6:07 PM):
Why all this gadgetry, what is wrong with a clean bowl and changing the
water a few times a day?

Some cats prefer running water, and are reluctant to drink from a bowl.
Also, most of us work all day and cannot change the water "a few times a
day".

In my cat's case, she has cystitis and it's critical she drinks plenty
of water. She hadn't been, and had been having acute cystitis attacks
The Drinkwell helps increase her water intake.

She hasn't (knock on wood) had a cystitis attack in over two years now.

jmc
Old December 17th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
yngver

On Dec 17, 4:37 am, jmc wrote:
Suddenly, without warning, RPS exclaimed (12/16/2007 6:07 PM):

Why all this gadgetry, what is wrong with a clean bowl and changing the
water a few times a day?

Some cats prefer running water, and are reluctant to drink from a bowl.
Also, most of us work all day and cannot change the water "a few times a
day".

In my cat's case, she has cystitis and it's critical she drinks plenty
of water. She hadn't been, and had been having acute cystitis attacks
The Drinkwell helps increase her water intake.

She hasn't (knock on wood) had a cystitis attack in over two years now.

jmc

Yes, two of our cats prefer running water, and rather than leave a
faucet on all day, I bought the Drinkwell. Our third cat does prefer
to drink out of a bowl (or better yet, the glass of water you just
poured for yourself), so in our house we give the cats several
options.

I'm not saying our cats *need* a Drinkwell, any more than they *need*
a catnip mouse, but since they like it, we have it.
-yngver
-
Old December 18th 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 17:52:37 -0600, RPS wrote:

Stan Brown wrote:

: Why all this gadgetry, what is wrong with a clean bowl and changing the
: water a few times a day?
:
: Are you home all day every day?

Why, are you changing water every few minutes and why? I fill her bowl
a few times a day, from the same Brita pitcher that I drink from.

I fill a emptied Coke bottle with tap water and screw it into a
plastic water bowl about once a week (cost AU$2)
Around cats feeding dish I pour fresh water into disposable plastic
party plate feeding time

Petzl
--
Only the Irish Leprignomes have remained aloof and their family heritage remains pure and unconfused. Gnome watchers believe that the reason for this stems from the unfortunate events that led to their expulsion from the peat bogs of Ireland in the late 1700s. It is thought that the ambitious Leprignomes encroached on the territorial boundaries of the intellectually superior Leprechauns. The Grand Legislature of Leprechauns banished the ringleaders of this audacious uprising to Australia. As a parting gesture they cast such a powerful spell on the Leprignomes that, even today, they remain too shy to associate with other gnome species.