Does my older cat have a nerve disorder?

Old December 28th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James Egan

Default Does my older cat have a nerve disorder?

My female cat Stormy is almost 17 years old. When she sits next to me on
my desk, she sometimes lurches forward like she's loosing her balance,
then catches herself. I can feel the thumping of her feet on my desk.
Actually, it's happening as I type this. I just noticed that if I hug
her, the lurching forward stops. Then when I let her go, it resumes. This
has me thinking it may be a balance issue, and she's just catching
herself. Or why would it stop when I hug and pet her? Anyway, if you
have any experience with this, please share it...
Old December 29th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Dec 28, 3:52*pm, James Egan wrote:
My female cat Stormy is almost 17 years old. *When she sits next to me on
my desk, she sometimes lurches forward like she's loosing her balance,
then catches herself. *I can feel the thumping of her feet on my desk.
Actually, it's happening as I type this. *I just noticed that if I hug
her, the lurching forward stops. *Then when I let her go, it resumes. This
has me thinking it may be a balance issue, and she's just catching
herself. *Or why would it stop when I hug and pet her? *Anyway, if you
have any experience with this, please share it...

I had a cat that had some balance issues, but he had CRF. It could be
many things, maybe an ear infection. Have you taken her to a vet for
an exam?
Old December 30th 07, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

On Dec 28, 5:52�pm, James Egan wrote:
My female cat Stormy is almost 17 years old. �When she sits next to me on
my desk, she sometimes lurches forward like she's loosing her balance,
then catches herself. �I can feel the thumping of her feet on my desk.
Actually, it's happening as I type this. �I just noticed that if I hug
her, the lurching forward stops. �Then when I let her go, it resumes. This
has me thinking it may be a balance issue, and she's just catching
herself. �Or why would it stop when I hug and pet her? �Anyway, if you
have any experience with this, please share it...

Sounds like an attempt at suicide to me. Maybe he thinks to throw
himself over onto what he perceives to be a deadly fall, but then when
you hold him, he feels like living again... That's what it sounds like
to me. What could have happened in his life to make him feel so bad as
to do this to himself? What did someone do to him to make him feel so
bad? It shows what character he has, to still place his hope and trust
on you...

IBen Getiner
Old December 30th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James Egan

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:05:44 -0800, IBen Getiner wrote:
Sounds like an attempt at suicide to me. Maybe he thinks to throw
himself over onto what he perceives to be a deadly fall, but then when
you hold him, he feels like living again... That's what it sounds like
to me. What could have happened in his life to make him feel so bad as
to do this to himself? What did someone do to him to make him feel so
bad? It shows what character he has, to still place his hope and trust
on you...

IBen Getiner

I sincerely hope you are troubled juvenile. If not, you're idiotic
attempt at humor at the expense of someones beloved pet is truly pathetic.
Old December 30th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Dec 30, 5:35�pm, James Egan wrote:
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:05:44 -0800, IBen Getiner wrote:
Sounds like an attempt at suicide to me. Maybe he thinks to throw
himself over onto what he perceives to be a deadly fall, but then when
you hold him, he feels like living again... That's what it sounds like
to me. What could have happened in his life to make him feel so bad as
to do this to himself? What did someone do to him to make him feel so
bad? It shows what character he has, to still place his hope and trust
on you...

IBen Getiner

I sincerely hope you are troubled juvenile. �If not, you're idiotic
attempt at humor at the expense of someones beloved pet is truly pathetic.

I'm as serious as cancer, Jim.

IBen Getiner

The nerve! Amelia T Cat Cat community 12 February 20th 07 06:44 PM
A case study of antisocial personality disorder plunk your magic twanger, froggy Cat health & behaviour 1 January 23rd 07 06:38 AM
Cats and Seasonal Affective Disorder? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 5 September 29th 06 06:15 AM
The NERVE of these hoomins! Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 March 15th 06 08:16 AM
The very NERVE!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 8 June 18th 05 09:48 PM