Cats & Revenge?

Old December 29th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AR[_2_]

Default Cats & Revenge?

My cat won't let my elderly mom eat in peace. He's all over her and
her table whenever I feed her. Last time he knocked her dinner on the
floor. I picked him up and carried him into the bathroom, and closed
the door until she had her dinner. He wasn't pleased about that, and
tried to wiggle free. When I went to let him out I saw he had left me
a "present" on the bath rug. I'm sure he could have held it until he
could use the litter box in a short while.

Do you think he did this because he was ****ed--actually that wasn't
what he left, but close enough...LOL! Do cats get revenge? I feel like
getting ****ed back, and putting his food bowl where he can't find
it...the little sh*t!!!
Old December 30th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

AR wrote:
My cat won't let my elderly mom eat in peace. He's all over her and
her table whenever I feed her. Last time he knocked her dinner on the
floor. I picked him up and carried him into the bathroom, and closed
the door until she had her dinner. He wasn't pleased about that, and
tried to wiggle free. When I went to let him out I saw he had left me
a "present" on the bath rug. I'm sure he could have held it until he
could use the litter box in a short while.

Do you think he did this because he was ****ed--actually that wasn't
what he left, but close enough...LOL! Do cats get revenge? I feel like
getting ****ed back, and putting his food bowl where he can't find
it...the little sh*t!!!

Yeah, he's ****ed off; I'm certain of it. He did that deliberately to
let you know he's ****ed off. Don't know how long your mother has been
staying with you, but apparently your cat sees her as an intruder, or at
least some sort of unwelcome presence in his home environment.

All I can suggest is that Mom and Cat need to find a way to warm up to
each other. Either that, or Cat needs to have a place in the home that's
all his own, where he can go and know Mom won't bother him.

I've seen this type of behavior before. Cats do this when they're mad at
you. I once had a cat that did that. The vet said he was angry because I
moved him to a new place, and there was nowhere in the home that was all
his. So I put him in an empty bedroom each night with food, water and
litter, and shut the door. By the end of the week he understood that was
his private little spot, and would just go in there of his own accord
from then on.
Old December 30th 07, 08:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

On Dec 29, 5:17�pm, AR wrote:
My cat won't let my elderly mom eat in peace. He's all over her and
her table whenever I feed her.
Last time he knocked her dinner on the
floor.

I don't understand. What is the problem? He should be allowed to do
whatever he wishes...

I picked him up and carried him into the bathroom, and closed
the door until she had her dinner.

That was WRONG. You have NO RIGHT to force your anger onto a helpless
cat. He should always be allowed to come and go freely and at his
leisure. Who are YOU to judge him? You're no better than he just
because you're a homos apian. This is where all man's troubles began.
At the moment that he placed himself over other things NO LESS EQUAL
or deserving than was he them.

He wasn't pleased about that, and
tried to wiggle free. When I went to let him out I saw he had left me
a "present" on the bath rug. I'm sure he could have held it until he
could use the litter box in a short while.

You presume much. And much comes from your own guilt. He probably
needed to go really bad but he could not. You should also be convicted
of false imprisonment at bare minimum.

Do you think he did this because he was ****ed--actually that wasn't
what he left, but close enough...LOL! Do cats get revenge? I feel like
getting ****ed back, and putting his food bowl where he can't find
it...the little sh*t!!!

If you do, beware PETA. They will personally camp outside your home,
bringing full attention to you, the doer of wrongful animal deeds, to
one and all. They will have you on the 6:00 news as a harmer of
innocent and helpless cats. One who refused their rightful attempts at
not being told what to do. You have NO RIGHT to tell them what to do
or what to eat or who's dinner they can and cannot tip over. Animals
can do as they please. And one day, they'll be nothing that you or
anyone else will be able to do about it but WATCH.

IBen Getiner
Old January 7th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
PET ADMIN

On Dec 31 2007, 4:34 pm, "RobZip" wrote:
"AR" wrote in message

Do you think he did this because he was ****ed--actually that wasn't
what he left, but close enough...LOL! Do cats get revenge? I feel like
getting ****ed back, and putting his food bowl where he can't find
it...the little sh*t!!!

A long haired Calico female I had about 20 years ago was the poster cat for
feline revenge. Working second shift, I would nap in the afternoon prior to
heading to work. Punkin' would often come stretch out beside me. Sometimes
she would pester me to get up and get her some chow. She knew chow time was
approaching but got a little pushy about it at times. One day she was really
bad, biting at my hands, digging at my face trying to get me to turn over,
grabbing mouthfuls of my hair and pulling. I finally shoved her off the bed
and yelled at her to knock it off.

A few minutes later I felt her jump up on the bed and walk around down by
the foot end. Suddenly a very warm, moist glow started to spread around my
feet. I glanced down and there was Punkin' straddling my feet, squatted down
taking a whiz on them with her back to me. Of course she hauled as out of
there as soon as I started to move but the damage was done. She got me.

Good stuff guys - very funny
could you put some info on our info sections of petadministration.
Future visitors would love it!
Old January 8th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

We used to have a big black foster cat named Felix. Twenty two pounds.
He was mostly a sweetheart, but hated going out to the weekend
adopt-a-thons. He would literally turn his back to the people and
sulk.

After one such episode he apparently had had enough. He came home and
****ed into the vents on my computer case, frying the mother board.
Old January 8th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

On Dec 29 2007, 5:17*pm, AR wrote:
My cat won't let my elderly mom eat in peace. He's all over her and
her table whenever I feed her. Last time he knocked her dinner on the
floor. I picked him up and carried him into the bathroom, and closed
the door until she had her dinner. He wasn't pleased about that, and
tried to wiggle free. When I went to let him out I saw he had left me
a "present" on the bath rug. I'm sure he could have held it until he
could use the litter box in a short while.

Do you think he did this because he was ****ed--actually that wasn't
what he left, but close enough...LOL! Do cats get revenge? I feel like
getting ****ed back, and putting his food bowl where he can't find
it...the little sh*t!!!

What on earth do you mean he is all over your mother when you feed
her. It sounds like you are treating your elderly mother like an
animal. Why arent you and your mother dining together? It is a real
insult in the German language to say you feed someone. Animals get
fed. and babies. I detect hostility in your attitude towards your
mother and you are blaming your cat of being hostile. Ha. look in
the mirror if you want to see hostility.
Old January 8th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Richard Evans" wrote in message
We used to have a big black foster cat named Felix. Twenty two pounds.
He was mostly a sweetheart, but hated going out to the weekend
adopt-a-thons. He would literally turn his back to the people and
sulk.

After one such episode he apparently had had enough. He came home and
****ed into the vents on my computer case, frying the mother board.

Oh, now that is just too fine. What did you do with him?

Old January 8th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

"cybercat" wrote:

"Richard Evans" wrote in message
.. .
We used to have a big black foster cat named Felix. Twenty two pounds.
He was mostly a sweetheart, but hated going out to the weekend
adopt-a-thons. He would literally turn his back to the people and
sulk.

After one such episode he apparently had had enough. He came home and
****ed into the vents on my computer case, frying the mother board.

Oh, now that is just too fine. What did you do with him?

Thereafter, we asked prospective adopters to see him at home.
Eventually, we got an inquiry from a young guy who wanted a really big
cat. He came and they seemed to hit it off, so he adopted Felix. I
warned him that Felix might be ****y and sullen for a while in new
surroundings so he should be patient.

I called a week later to see how it was going. He took Felix home, let
him out of the carrier, and sat down to fix himself a sandwich. Felix
jumped up on the table and demanded half the sandwich. Seems like all
he really wanted was a place of his own.

Old January 8th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cybercat" wrote:

"Richard Evans" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Really sweet story. I'm so glad you found him a great home, he sounds
like quite a character!

Old January 10th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On Jan 7, 6:03*pm, honeybunch wrote:
On Dec 29 2007, 5:17*pm, AR wrote:

[...]

Sounds like you're the hostile one. Maybe his/her mother is an invalid
and he/she needs to prepare her food and even help her eat it. You
don't know that he/she isn't eating with his/her mom. Besides, he/she
probably isn't German so why are the idiosyncracies of the German
language relevant here? I think you read way too much into the
question.

Candace