Another question about my goof ball cat

Old January 9th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dennis

Default Another question about my goof ball cat

Whenever I pet my cat, he commences to lick his front leg or his side just
behind the shoulder. When I stop, he stops; and when I start again, so does
he. What's behind this curious behavior?

--
Dennis

Old January 9th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

On Jan 8, 10:35 pm, "Dennis" wrote:
Whenever I pet my cat, he commences to lick his front leg or his side just
behind the shoulder. When I stop, he stops; and when I start again, so does
he. What's behind this curious behavior?

--
Dennis

He is so happy he justs has to do something. I wonder how long youve
been together? I think he is trying to understand how someone can be
so nice to him and what he should do about it.
Old January 9th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Cats are just weird! When I pet Amber she always has to lick something
- either herself or a blanket. When she comes down to greet me in the
morning she will lie just beyond my reach so I can't pet her. At other
times she loves to be petted. Tiger loves to hiss. He got up on my lap
a little while ago and before settling down, he hissed at me. Go
figure.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old January 9th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
PMcOuntry

On Jan 8, 10:35*pm, "Dennis" wrote:
Whenever I pet my cat, he commences to lick his front leg or his side just
behind the shoulder. When I stop, he stops; and when I start again, so does
he. What's behind this curious behavior?

--
Dennis

Having 3 cats of my own, I've found they each have strange and unique
behavior.

My newest cat will let you pet him for say, 1 minute, before he
procedes to nip at you until you stop. The second you stop, he feels
the need to bathe himself. Go figure...
Old January 9th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dennis

This is our 4th month together; I must admit, the first month or 2 were
tense between us, but every day it's getting better. It took a while before
he stopped hiding under the furniture. At the moment he's sleeping behind me
in his chair with a full belly. I think he still might have room for a treat
or two!

Old January 10th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>\o\

On Jan 8, 10:35 pm, "Dennis" wrote:
Whenever I pet my cat, he commences to lick his front leg or his side
just
behind the shoulder. When I stop, he stops; and when I start again, so
does
he. What's behind this curious behavior?

--
Dennis

He is so happy he justs has to do something. *I wonder how long youve
been together? *I think he is trying to understand how someone can be
so nice to him and what he should do about it.- Hide quoted text -

This post gave me a Big Smile.

You have been captivated by your new feline family member, & It sounds
like you are doing a great job too. The hiding was fear, & the fact
that he sits behind you now, tells me that you have formed that
wonderful bond.
Enjoy being a cat slave, it is not so bad & has some brilliant
frindge- benefits with him

He will love you unconditionally, he will always be there for you when
other humans let you down, & best of all, he loves you too. I can't
wait to hear the life and times....
Enjoy, & congratulations on becoming a fully fledged Cat Slave )
Sheelagh "o"
Old January 11th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil Leslie

PMcOuntry wrote in
:

On Jan 8, 10:35*pm, "Dennis" wrote:
Whenever I pet my cat, he commences to lick his front leg or his side
just

behind the shoulder. When I stop, he stops; and when I start again,
so doe

he. What's behind this curious behavior?

--
Dennis

Having 3 cats of my own, I've found they each have strange and unique
behavior.

My newest cat will let you pet him for say, 1 minute, before he
procedes to nip at you until you stop. The second you stop, he feels
the need to bathe himself. Go figure...

My silly cat will flop down on the floor when he feels like playing
....and no one will play with him... and start to look like he's taking
his hind foot & slapping his face with it.

Then he attacks it & rolls around in a ball.

The cat is 7 years old & has done this all of his life! We call him our
self-abusing cat!

--
"Booneville" Phil Leslie

FAX (781) 723-2568