do cats pee causes more cat pee?

Old January 10th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
peter

Default do cats pee causes more cat pee?

My old cat died a few months ago.
But before she died, she urinated on the carpet at various places. I am
unable to completely remove the odor.

If I get a new cat, would the odor cause the new cat to pee at the same
spots?

Old January 10th 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "peter" :

My old cat died a few months ago.
But before she died, she urinated on the carpet at various places.
I am unable to completely remove the odor.

If I get a new cat, would the odor cause the new cat to pee at the
same spots?

It really doesn't matter because the answer is, "maybe." Therefore,
you need to handle the odor completely before getting another kitty.

It's just smarter, especially starting fresh.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old January 10th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
peter

"cindys" wrote in message
Agreed. I can testify, though, that it worked without me using a ton of
it on a 2 x 2 area of rug.

-------
I agree that would work. I would be willing to bet you used an entire
gallon or close to it? Generally, the problem isn't so much that the
Nature's Miracle can't get rid of the smell in one particular area,
assuming you use enough of it. But generally, the way things go is that
the cat urinated in multiple, multiple areas all over the carpeting. And
you can't know where every spot is and you can't saturate the entire
living room the way you did the 2 x 2 area. For one thing, you would ruin
the flooring underneath the carpeting. For another thing, Nature's Miracle
is expensive. You could easily spend several hundred dollars on Nature's
Miracle and still not get rid of the odor.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you. I just have a
living room with multiple, multiple areas of pale blue carpeting that were
urinated upon (I could never find all the spots) and multiple areas of
wood damaged from both urine and being saturated with Nature's Miracle in
a fruitless attempt to clean it all up. I spent a ton of money on Nature's
miracle, which I generally think is an excellent product, but it has its
limits. It just cannot clean up an entire living room. If Peter is only
talking about a couple of spots, I agree that the Nature's Miracle might
be the ticket, but if his living room is anything like mine, he really is
going to have to rip up the carpeting (IMHO).

I honestly don't know how many spots of urine there are. I only smell
several spots. So even the spots I think are clean may have urine.

Originally, I was thinking after my old cat died, I would replace all the
carpets, not have cats and enjoy a clean house. But cats have been imprinted
in my mind and I'm afraid I need to have a cat again.

Old January 11th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

There are other cleaners that work better than Nature's Miracle. I never
had good luck with Nature's Miracle on larger areas. Try Anti-Icky Poo.
That is what my vet recommended when I had a cat that sprayed on a regular
basis. It works great. You could also try Zero Odor. I haven't used this
myself but others have had good success with it.

Sue
---

Old January 11th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cindys" wrote in message
[...]

We had success with something called Pets and Kids, or somesuch thing. Any
enzymatic cleaner ought to do it.