What the heck is my weird cat doing?

Old January 15th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default What the heck is my weird cat doing?

He will take part of a blanket or sweater in his teeth, bunch it up a
bit under him, and then walk in place with his front paws all the
while purring while holding it in his teeth. He's not humping it, or
really making contact with it near his hind quarters that I can see. I
can't for the life of me figure out what's going on and why he enjoys
doing this. Any ideas?
Old January 15th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Jan 15, 1:54�pm, " wrote:
He will take part of a blanket or sweater in his teeth, bunch it up a
bit under him, and then walk in place with his front paws all the
while purring while holding it in his teeth. He's not humping it, or
really making contact with it near his hind quarters that I can see. I
can't for the life of me figure out what's going on and why he enjoys
doing this. Any ideas?

He'z probably trying to tell you that he'z got a BB up his azz....

IBen Getiner
Old January 15th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut

He will take part of a blanket or sweater in his teeth, bunch it up a
bit under him, and then walk in place with his front paws all the
while purring while holding it in his teeth. He's not humping it, or
really making contact with it near his hind quarters that I can see. I
can't for the life of me figure out what's going on and why he enjoys
doing this. Any ideas?

Kneading is a sign of contentment usually but in this case it might be
making up his "bed" or resting place.

Old January 15th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jan 15, 3:17 pm, kraut
wrote:
He will take part of a blanket or sweater in his teeth, bunch it up a
bit under him, and then walk in place with his front paws all the
while purring while holding it in his teeth. He's not humping it, or
really making contact with it near his hind quarters that I can see. I
can't for the life of me figure out what's going on and why he enjoys
doing this. Any ideas?

Kneading is a sign of contentment usually but in this case it might be
making up his "bed" or resting place.

Well, I don't think he's making his bed or resting place. He actually
is messing it up when I fold a nice plush, fuzzy blanket for him into
several layers for him to sleep on. He also loses interest and leaves
the sweater or blanket instead of resting on it. He's not partials to
any one item. Anything he can find loose he will do that too. I don't
know if he's kneading. It's more shifting his weight back and forth
from each front paw with part of the item in his mouth. Very strange.
I wish I knew what he was trying to do.
Old January 15th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut

[...]

Maybe he is trying to drive you batty wondering what he is doing!!

HEE HEE :-)

Old January 16th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:54:48 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

He will take part of a blanket or sweater in his teeth, bunch it up a
bit under him, and then walk in place with his front paws all the
while purring while holding it in his teeth. He's not humping it, or
really making contact with it near his hind quarters that I can see. I
can't for the life of me figure out what's going on and why he enjoys
doing this. Any ideas?

All of my cats do that on rare occassion, but Espy does it
consistently on two of his favorite "mushy" beds. On one, he does it
for a good five minutes, slowly rotating so he does the whole bed.
Then he curls up and goes to sleep. Cats are weird.
Old January 16th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dani

wrote:
He will take part of a blanket or sweater in his teeth, bunch it up a
bit under him, and then walk in place with his front paws all the
while purring while holding it in his teeth. He's not humping it, or
really making contact with it near his hind quarters that I can see. I
can't for the life of me figure out what's going on and why he enjoys
doing this. Any ideas?

All of my cats do that on rare occassion, but Espy does it
consistently on two of his favorite "mushy" beds. On one, he does it
for a good five minutes, slowly rotating so he does the whole bed.
Then he curls up and goes to sleep. Cats are weird.

That's what cats do when they are comfortable, content..... all I know
is I find
it to be one of the cutest things my cat does. It makes my heart melt
to see how
adorable and warm and cozy she makes herself.....then she falls asleep
pretty
much right after she's done.
Old January 17th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook

wrote in message
He will take part of a blanket or sweater in his teeth, bunch it up a
bit under him, and then walk in place with his front paws all the
while purring while holding it in his teeth. He's not humping it, or
really making contact with it near his hind quarters that I can see. I
can't for the life of me figure out what's going on and why he enjoys
doing this. Any ideas?

I'd not call him a weird cat at all, I'd call him one of those very special
and rare cats that do things like this. He knows he can have his blankie
with him where *he* wants it to be and not where it happens to be at the
time. Smart kitty.

Paul