litter crystals and leaky liners?

Old February 2nd 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jennyanniedots

Default litter crystals and leaky liners?

Hi all,
I just started using the litter crystals, and am looking for some
advice. While I am loving them overall, I've noticed a strange thing
happening which never used to happen with my previous litter. (Which
is Feline Pine.)

Satellite pees in the same spot in the box all the time. While I do
get in there to mix the crystals up every other day, the crystals in
that spot seem to get saturated pretty easily. Right around that spot
a tear (or a hole?) seems to be appearing in the liner, and the papers
underneath it are getting wet. Yucky.

is the urine not being fully absorbed by the crystals eating a hole in
the liner?? Is there a really tough liner someone can recommend? Do
you blend the crystals with other litter - if so, how's that working?
I love not having to scoop up the clumps, because they always break up
in there and ruin the litter.

Thanks in advance,
jen
Old February 4th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jennyanniedots[_2_]

Hi Cindy,
You convinced me, I'll lose the liner right away. It didn't occur to
me that the liner would somehow be preventing the crystals from
working, though.

Thanks!
Jen

Just use the all-crystal litter in the bare pan and you'll be fine. I
promise. When you dump out the crystals to clean the pan, you might want to
rinse with a little Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle if there's any
residual odor.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old February 4th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
655321

Jennyanniedots wrote:
[...]

My cat is dictating this:

The only reason you find stuff in the box after changing the litter is
because you don't change it often enough and I have to scratch through
the liner.

The crystals are great, don't get me wrong, but friggin' change it out
more often!

Seriously, if you started buying that other crap, I would scratch your
eyes out when you sleep.