My boy is cheap...

Old February 9th 08, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan[_2_]

Default My boy is cheap...

When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated with
rubber bands, now he's found that those plastic things around frozen fruit
juice cans that you have to peel/rip off to pop off the lid are so
intriguing he has to bat it all the way from the kitchen where it
accidentally fell out of the trash halfway to the other end of the house.
That reminds me...I gotta make some more catnip toys for him...I take some
burlap, cut into a shape, put some catnip on it, fold it and sew it up with
a little tail to make it look like a weird mouse, and he just rips it open,
takes care of the catnip, and leaves it. It's homegrown catnip too :-)

Old February 9th 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in message
When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated
with
rubber bands, now he's found that those plastic things around frozen fruit
juice cans that you have to peel/rip off to pop off the lid are so
intriguing he has to bat it all the way from the kitchen where it
accidentally fell out of the trash halfway to the other end of the house.
That reminds me...I gotta make some more catnip toys for him...I take some
burlap, cut into a shape, put some catnip on it, fold it and sew it up
with
a little tail to make it look like a weird mouse, and he just rips it
open,
takes care of the catnip, and leaves it. It's homegrown catnip too :-)

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! Rubber bands, string, ribbon, etc. are *very
dangerous* for cats. They should be carefully stored away where your cat
cannot reach them. All of these objects have been known to bind around the
intestines, sometimes causing serious injury (requiring surgery to repair)
or even death. As to the pop off lids -- only use them if they are large
enough not to be swallowed.

MaryL

Old February 9th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
Lilah Morgan wrote:
When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated with
rubber bands, now he's found that those plastic things around frozen fruit
juice cans that you have to peel/rip off to pop off the lid are so
intriguing he has to bat it all the way from the kitchen where it
accidentally fell out of the trash halfway to the other end of the house.
That reminds me...I gotta make some more catnip toys for him...I take some
burlap, cut into a shape, put some catnip on it, fold it and sew it up with
a little tail to make it look like a weird mouse, and he just rips it open,
takes care of the catnip, and leaves it. It's homegrown catnip too :-)

Bubba has developed a thing for shoelaces lately.

The other day he grabbed one and started trying to run
with it in his mouth and absolutely panicked when he
noticed the shoe following him. It took him a second
or two to figure out that he had to let go of the shoelace
to make it quit following him.

I almost split myself laughing at him...

He likes the homegrown nip too. I have some little
fuzzy things that I leave in the catnip bag and
give to him. I have to give it sparingly though,
he gets a bit psycho when he's on the 'nip. He'll
be purring away while I'm petting him and all of
a sudden he'll grab me with his front paws, bunny
kick with the back ones and start biting me even
while he's still purring full blast.

He never plays that act unless he's had catnip...
Old February 9th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

I have 3 cat nip plants I got at wall mart. Catnip is easy to grow and
its hard to kill off. My 7 cats all love to get the fresh stuff. They
also love bubbles, foil balls. and red dot lasers

Check out pictures of my cats on my website http://www.catnews.org

Russell
Old February 10th 08, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
zob

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 21:27:09 -0800, "Lilah Morgan"
wrote:

When it comes to his toys that is...first Joxer was totally fascinated with
rubber bands, snip

I had to laugh out loud at this. One of my cats, Onyx, also has a
fetish for Office Supplies. Except with him it's paper clips.

I first started finding them in the bottom of his food dish when it
was empty. I would take them and put them in a drawer, but he must
have his own private stash -- because he would always find more, and
they would always be in the food dish when it's empty. Now he's come
out of the closet and plays with them everywhere in the house. I
started buying jumbo paper clips for him and you'd think I gave him
the most expensive cat toy made. He stalks them, attacks them, tosses
them up in the air, carries them around the house and hides them
everywhere!

I'd love for 5 minutes just to be able to read his mind!

Oh yeah, and his second favorite toy is Q-Tips!

My other cat, Yoda, is an Altoid freak and acts like they're catnip.
He goes crazy when he hears the Altoid tin open. But that's another
story ...
---
Zob
Old February 10th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Zob wrote:

I started buying jumbo paper clips for
him and you'd think I gave him the most
expensive cat toy made. He stalks
them, attacks them, tosses them up in
the air, carries them around the house
and hides them everywhere!

If you mean large standard shape paper clips, I would be wary of these.
I don't give my cats anything small enough for them to swallow. The
jumbo clips that are more square in shape would probably be safe.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old February 12th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Hey, Zob - nice to see you over here, when did you start posting in rpch+b?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 13th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
zob

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:01:12 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Actually, you mentioned it once in ATVAI a couple of months ago. I've
been lurking for a while now.
---
Zob
Old February 13th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Well I'm glad you joined. RPCH+B can be pretty rowdy at times, so be
warned. If you want a more saccharine group you can try
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (I love it and everyone on it, but it does get
sugary sweet over there - trolls get bombarded with recipes (an actually
quite effective tactic))!

Hugs,

CatNipped

---