Boo Got Her Stitches Out

Old July 22nd 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Boo Got Her Stitches Out

and a clean bill of health.

I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing up.

She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
thinking they will go away.

So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.

Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
prayers. They clearly worked!

Old July 22nd 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "cybercat" :

and a clean bill of health.

snip

I'm very happy for you and Boo. *lifts mug* Here's to a long,
healthy, trouble-free life for the future.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old July 22nd 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message
and a clean bill of health.

I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing
up.

She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
thinking they will go away.

So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.

Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
prayers. They clearly worked!

I'm so glad she's OK. Did you get the pathology report?

Silly question - but maybe Phil can answer... do male cats ever get mammary
tumors? It's rare, but in humans some males get breast cancer.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 22nd 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote

I'm so glad she's OK. Did you get the pathology report?

I completely forgot. Jeez. Middle age brain. I will call and have them send
me a copy, thanks for reminding me.

Silly question - but maybe Phil can answer... do male cats ever get
mammary tumors? It's rare, but in humans some males get breast cancer.

Good question.

Old July 22nd 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

A monthly "breast" exam is a small price to pay for a healthy kitty!
I'm glad she's doing well.

Old July 22nd 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "CatNipped" :

snip

So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight
"teats" and feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.

snip

Silly question - but maybe Phil can answer... do male cats ever
get mammary tumors? It's rare, but in humans some males get
breast cancer.

I wondered the same thing as soon as I read "girlycats." So yeah,
it's probably silly. ; )

I'm thinking mammary glands become less affected by hormones as a
male matures, but that may apply only to humans. *shrug*

Wikipedia said, "Almost all instances of breast cancer originate in
the lobules or ducts of the mammary glands." Is it also the same for
kitties?

I'm interested in hearing Phil's comments on this one too.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old July 22nd 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
Sorry not been around that much but I am very happy Nancy that the
furball is doing better

Thank you, Matthew! We are very relieved and I am overjoyed.

Old July 22nd 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Rene S." wrote in message
A monthly "breast" exam is a small price to pay for a healthy kitty!
I'm glad she's doing well.

Thanks so much.

Old July 23rd 08, 07:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:24:54 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

and a clean bill of health.

I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing up.

She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
thinking they will go away.

So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.

Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
prayers. They clearly worked!

I'm so glad that Boo is A OK!

Clearly, Bast was working overtime for Boo!

And the purrs, of course.

ot stitches away Marina Cat anecdotes 9 February 21st 08 04:16 AM
Kate gets her stitches out [email protected] Cat anecdotes 5 April 24th 06 01:28 AM
Spotty back from TED - no more stitches Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 6 July 19th 05 10:40 PM
Stitches Out Today! CatNipped Cat health & behaviour 16 March 27th 05 07:08 AM
Stitches Out Today! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 15 March 26th 05 11:55 AM