Fleas, fleas, and more fleas.

Old July 24th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default Fleas, fleas, and more fleas.

I treated my pussy and she still kept scratching. Today I found out
why. This morning I walked around the house in the nude. After
standing in one spot for a while I saw several fleas advancing on my
feet and legs. At first I try to catch them and crush them. They
were too small to be crushed and just jumped off my fingers. Then I
spent the next 15 minutes testing different parts of the house and
catching fleas and washing them down the drain. Seems everywhere I
stood still I would attract more than a dozen fleas. One even got as
high as my wrist.

I didn't have any flea spray so I used Hot Shot Flying Insect on the
rug and hope direct contact will kill the fleas.

Right now I'm scratching all over even though I can't find fleas on
me. Gotta buy some flea bomb.
Old July 24th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Robotech_Master

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 05:47:50 -0700 (PDT), James wrote:

Right now I'm scratching all over even though I can't find fleas on
me. Gotta buy some flea bomb.

Consumer level flea control bombs typically don't work all that well.

What you want to do is get yourself some of this stuff:

http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.co..._Can_A220.html

This is professional exterminator quality flea control premise spray
(and the site I linked has the best price I've found on it). I've
used it myself; it really works wonders.

Vacuum your house (this will get some of the fleas, and will stir up
your carpeting to bring the eggs and hatchlings closer to the surface
so the spray can work better), dump the contents of the vacuum bag at
least 30 yards away from your house. Then spray it in accordance with
the instructions. You'll have to repeat the procedure two to three
weeks later to get new hatchlings. At the same time, see if you can
drop your pet(s) off with the vet or groomer for a professional flea
treatment (this will also get them out of the house while you spray),
and start using Frontline Plus.

--
Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
Old July 24th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Robotech_Master

Also, you can use duct or masking tape to trap and get rid of fleas
you find on yourself.

Old July 24th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

maybe the fleas are trying to tell you something like were clothes you are
scaring the **** out of them

"James" wrote in message
I treated my pussy and she still kept scratching. Today I found out
why. This morning I walked around the house in the nude. After
standing in one spot for a while I saw several fleas advancing on my
feet and legs. At first I try to catch them and crush them. They
were too small to be crushed and just jumped off my fingers. Then I
spent the next 15 minutes testing different parts of the house and
catching fleas and washing them down the drain. Seems everywhere I
stood still I would attract more than a dozen fleas. One even got as
high as my wrist.

I didn't have any flea spray so I used Hot Shot Flying Insect on the
rug and hope direct contact will kill the fleas.

Right now I'm scratching all over even though I can't find fleas on
me. Gotta buy some flea bomb.

fleas, Help!! [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 3 October 3rd 06 01:27 AM
fleas lucy707 via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 3 June 28th 06 04:18 PM
Need help with fleas Yowie Cat anecdotes 8 February 5th 06 06:57 PM
fleas graciedv Cat health & behaviour 11 June 19th 05 03:15 PM
Fleas all over Tang Cheng Yuen Cat rescue 2 July 14th 04 04:19 PM