Stinky back from vet

Old September 24th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Stinky back from vet

Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old September 24th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity
leave, so we saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a
miracle cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and
shouldn't beat myself up. He said that there may be other clinical
reasons for his decline, like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and
that well, he is old, and can't respond to the care we give him as
he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going to call
tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear
anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have
dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Sometimes when we want one more summer with them, we get it, but that
is all we get. Just keep loving him the best way you know how for as
long as you can. That's all they really want anyway.

Jo

Old September 24th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave,
so we saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat
myself up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his
decline, like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is
old, and can't respond to the care we give him as he did when he was
younger. He took blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if
there is anything new. I am glad and relieved Stink is home with me
today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow.
It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very soon, I'm
afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Continued purrs for sweet Stinky.

Jill
Old September 24th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Kreisleriana wrote:
Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Purrs and prayers for Stinky (the gorgeous boy) and for you. MLB
Old September 24th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

With my Scooter Dog last year, I wanted one more Christmas, my husband was
gone and I wasn't ready to be alone and, because she was so funny and
enjoyed eating all the goodies. A little before Thanksgiving, I figured out
that what I WANTED, was not best for her. It is hard and especially all the
years you have had. Prayers and hugs for you and Stinky.

YOUR BEST IS ALL YOU CAN DO.

Old September 24th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 24 Sep, 18:16, "Kreisleriana" wrote:

Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
hopeful tomorrow. *It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
soon, I'm afraid. *Oh, my sweet boy.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante

We are sending many purrs and much love.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{THERESA}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Helen M
Old September 24th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 24, 1:16*pm, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
Stinky is back home from the vet. *His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
He also said that *I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up.. *He
said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
care we give him as he did when he was younger. *He took blood and I'm going
to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. *I am glad and relieved
Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
hopeful tomorrow. *It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
soon, I'm afraid. *Oh, my sweet boy.

Theresa & Stinky

He may be at a low point and come back again. He is still eating some
and still able to express his love for you. He is still The Big Dood
and we are all pulling for him. Don't anticipate the end, stay in the
moment, all too easy to advise.

--
Will in New Haven

Old September 25th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Sep 24, 10:16*am, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
Stinky is back home from the vet. *His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
He also said that *I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up.. *He
said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
care we give him as he did when he was younger. *He took blood and I'm going
to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. *I am glad and relieved
Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
hopeful tomorrow. *It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
soon, I'm afraid. *Oh, my sweet boy.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Pictures:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

{{{Theresa}}} You still have Stinky for now, so love him all you can.
Alas, our four footed dear ones do not have the life span we want them
to have! I hope he'll pull out of his doldrums and perk up soon so
that you need not say farewell just yet.

Melissa
Old September 25th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
we saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself
up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline,
like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't
respond to the care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took
blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I
am glad and relieved Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't
expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I
have dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

PS Just want to thank you all for your continued purrs for my boy. We are
just trying to make sure he's comfy as possible and feeling loved. He took
a nap with Mom in her bed this afternoon, curled up against her tummy, like
he usually does with me.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old September 25th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Continuing purrs for the sweetheart.

--
Joyce ^..^