Does you cat come when called?

Old October 5th 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default Does you cat come when called?

Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.

However some times she comes when I whistle. I was trying to teach my
parakeet to sing a tune by repeating a tune. My cat was lying by the
window became animated. She does it every time I whistle. It's the
only way I can animate her with sound. Some time she comes to me but
alway she moves to my whistle.

Old October 5th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, James exclaimed (10/4/2008 11:36 PM):
Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.

However some times she comes when I whistle. I was trying to teach my
parakeet to sing a tune by repeating a tune. My cat was lying by the
window became animated. She does it every time I whistle. It's the
only way I can animate her with sound. Some time she comes to me but
alway she moves to my whistle.

Meep does.

Motivate with food. If she won't come when I call, I just rattle the
lid of her treat jar, she comes running. I then of course have to give
her a treat, and some fussing, because she came.

She also knows and responds to "no", or even her name in a repressive
tone of voice. And walks on a leash.

I'm pretty sure she was a dog in a past life

jmc
Old October 5th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Amber - when I call her at 5 AM. Tiger comes when he feels like it.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 5th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On 5 Oct 2008 15:41:43 GMT, Ken wrote:
James wrote in news:c623e7fe-cebc-45fe-b47c-
:

Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.

Emily comes when called. She's very affectionate.

She calls _me_ when its feeding time. She knows almost to the minute.
However, she does (seem to) thank me with a meow while looking at me most
times I feed her while she's eating. First cat I ever had that did that.

All my kitties come when they're called. If they feel like it.

Usually they do as it means getting hugs and tons of back, belly and neck
scritches, and the occasional utterance of the word "Fish!" followed by
a trip to the kitchen for treats (their current favorite is birdmeat --
chicken)

Old October 5th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

Nope.

But then she is an adult stray adoptee, and I don't know what her name was.
She doesn't respond to kitty, kitty.

Old October 6th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stampir

"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, James exclaimed (10/4/2008 11:36 PM):
Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.

However some times she comes when I whistle. I was trying to teach my
parakeet to sing a tune by repeating a tune. My cat was lying by the
window became animated. She does it every time I whistle. It's the
only way I can animate her with sound. Some time she comes to me but
alway she moves to my whistle.

Meep does.

Motivate with food. If she won't come when I call, I just rattle the lid
of her treat jar, she comes running. I then of course have to give her a
treat, and some fussing, because she came.

She also knows and responds to "no", or even her name in a repressive tone
of voice. And walks on a leash.

I'm pretty sure she was a dog in a past life

jmc

That's a well-behaved kitty!

Old October 7th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On 5 Okt., 05:36, James wrote:
Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.

my colleague has two cats that he raised himself and both react to
their names.
But you know, cats can be quite peculiar...
Old October 7th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
DWMeowMix

On Oct 7, 9:55*am, wrote:
On 5 Okt., 05:36, James wrote:

Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.

my colleague has two cats that he raised himself and both react to
their names.
But you know, cats can be quite peculiar...

I have 4 cats. 3 of whom come when I call (95% of the time) and a 4th
which is a new rescue kitty. She's about a year old. I've only had
her 3 weeks but she knows her name and looks at me (most of the time)
when I call her and if I get really lucky she actually comes! We've
got the rest of her life to work on it...

DWMeowMix