decapitated squirrel

Old October 20th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

Default decapitated squirrel

This happened today and it upset me and my son who was visiting. The
cat was outside. We went out and found a headless squirrel in the
garden. I do have a peculiar neighbor but he has never done anything
his weird. I really dont believe my small cat caught a squirel by the
head, bit the head off, swallowed the head and then left the corpse
alone. The squirrel was unmarked except for the missing head. If
ever Snappy catches anything it is to play with. He usually brings the
catch into the house. This year he caught 2 butterflies. Last year
he caught 2 birds. He brings them in and usually they wind up flying
around the house. But this headless squirrel is scary. I cant
imagine him biting off the head and leaving the body. If he caught
it, it would not be by the head. Could a hawk have caught it and
dropped it? I am sorry to say that I think the neighbor caught it in
a humane trap, cut its head off, and threw it in my garden for a joke
or some insane reason. What else could it be? I dont see the cat
just biting the head off a squirrel and leaving the corpse with no
marks on it and not even hanging around it or dragging it in the
house. It was a ways from the house.
Old October 20th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"honeybunch" wrote in message
This happened today and it upset me and my son who was visiting. The
cat was outside. We went out and found a headless squirrel in the
garden. I do have a peculiar neighbor but he has never done anything
his weird. I really dont believe my small cat caught a squirel by the
head

Keep the gd cat in the house and you won't have to wonder. What the hell is
wrong with you?

Old October 20th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:19:05 -0700 (PDT), honeybunch
wrote:

[...]

I was your insane neighbor, without a doubt. This simply doesn't happen
without human intervention.

The world is full of small, mean, cruel people. Your neighbor is one of
them.

I hope you can keep your cat(s) indoors, lest the same thing happen to
them.

Statistically, the odds that he will do this, or worse, again, are very
close to 100%.

As he is insane, don't talk to him about this. He will either enjoy that
you are upset about it, or grow angry that you 'caught' him, and
retaliate.

It is painful to think, what he might do.

Please bury the poor squirrel, and the less you talk about it to your
neighbors, the better. If you haven't said anything so far, don't.

Be very wary of this nutjob.

Be safe.
Old October 20th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

[...]

Cats eat the animal from the soft parts like the abdomen then outward. They
do not cleanly decapitate. If the cat had killed the squirrel the nexk
would have been broken. They grab prey by the neck and shake it really
hard. Hawks would not hunt this way either. If it dropped the squirrel it
would have been intact. They eat their prey by ripping it to pieces.
Hardly neat and tidy. Your neighbor most surely killed the squirrel.

Paul

Old October 20th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

On Oct 20, 10:25*am, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
[...]

Paul- Hide quoted text -

I've seen a cat eat the head of a small rabbit decades ago. Don't
remember much about it except I was surprised that it would eat the
boney head. Maybe the brain has nutrition the cat needed.
Old October 20th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
S.Smith

wrote:

[...]

Please heed the advice of gandalf. Your cat could be the next victim...keep
the cat indoors.

Old October 21st 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

"honeybunch" wrote in message
This happened today and it upset me and my son who was visiting. The
cat was outside. We went out and found a headless squirrel in the
garden. I do have a peculiar neighbor but he has never done anything
his weird. I really dont believe my small cat caught a squirel by the
head, bit the head off, swallowed the head and then left the corpse
alone. The squirrel was unmarked except for the missing head. If
ever Snappy catches anything it is to play with. He usually brings the
catch into the house. This year he caught 2 butterflies. Last year
he caught 2 birds. He brings them in and usually they wind up flying
around the house. But this headless squirrel is scary.

You letting your cat outdoors to kill and maim wildlife, and eventually
become a victim of some larger predator is what's scary, numbnuts.

Old October 21st 08, 11:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Mon, 20 Oct 2008 05:09:16 GMT from Gandalf :

I was your insane neighbor, without a doubt.

:-)

We need a spell checker that proofs what we mean, not what we type.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Old October 21st 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gumby

wrote:

[...]

In fact, this may have been a message - maybe the nutty neighbor
doesn't like the cat wandering into his yard?
Old October 21st 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 05:09:16 GMT from Gandalf :

I was your insane neighbor, without a doubt.

:-)

We need a spell checker that proofs what we mean, not what we type.

And here I thought you were confessing to the crime! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...