My mothers cat

Old November 4th 04, 05:56 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:36:38 -0600, "dhelderman"
wrote:

I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.

Sending purrs for Maggie's kidneys, and hugs and purrs for the rest of
the family
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old November 4th 04, 07:34 AM
Yoj

Purrs for Maggie, your mother, and you.

--
Joy

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way
things turn out.
-- John Wooden

Old November 4th 04, 07:48 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I too have a cat with kidneys on the way out, so I understand what your mum is
going through. Many purrs on the way.

If it helps, this is what I do with Francis, my cat with kidney problems and he
is thriving, all things considered: -

Francis won't eat the special food from the vet, designed for cats with kidney
problems, but he will eat cat food for "senior" cats, so I'm giving him that.
At least it is partially designed for the older kidney (less phosphorus), so
it's better than nothing, so to speak. Plus, Francis gets a beta-blocker tablet
every morning, to lessen the strain on the heart that kidney problems cause -
and they are *excellent*. Plus, access at all times to plenty of fresh water.

As I say, my Francis is *himself* - and although I know he's not going to be
around as long as I would like, whatever time he has left, long or short, is of
good quality. The way he acts, he has no intention of shuffling off this mortal
coil any time soon :-)

I hope Maggie fares well too.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old November 4th 04, 08:03 AM
Yoj

I'm glad Francis is doing so well, and that you've found something he'll
eat. When Skeeter was going downhill fast, she wouldn't eat. The
doctor said getting her to eat was more important than what she ate.
I'm sure that's true with Francis too. It sounds as though you've found
a good compromise. Purrs for the two of you to have lots of happy,
quality time together.

--
Joy

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way
things turn out.
-- John Wooden

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote
in message ...
[...]

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is

switched off--