Ping Claude

Old November 19th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Ping Claude

Hey, how's Rascal doing? Has she anointed herself queen of your house yet?
Did you manage to get her mats out yourself, or did you send her to a
groomer/vet? I'm considering getting Sammy bathed and groomed since at this
time of year she sheds enough hair each day to knit a kitten. I'm thinking
I would have to take her to a vet though since she is *SO* bad and *SO*
strong whenever you try to do anything to her that she doesn't want done (I
have scars on my body from trying to brush her hair or trim her claws). I
hate to do that though because I know they're going to want to sedate her
and I don't think I should take that risk just for a grooming (thankfully
she doesn't have any mats).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old November 19th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
CatNipped wrote:
Hey, how's Rascal doing? Has she anointed herself queen of your house yet?
Did you manage to get her mats out yourself, or did you send her to a
groomer/vet? I'm considering getting Sammy bathed and groomed since at this
time of year she sheds enough hair each day to knit a kitten. I'm thinking
I would have to take her to a vet though since she is *SO* bad and *SO*
strong whenever you try to do anything to her that she doesn't want done (I
have scars on my body from trying to brush her hair or trim her claws). I
hate to do that though because I know they're going to want to sedate her
and I don't think I should take that risk just for a grooming (thankfully
she doesn't have any mats).

Rascal's settling in nicely. I took her to the vet for a checkup and
the vet shaved her mats. She's not a real fan of having her nails trimmed or
being combed either. I can sorta see why her former person let her get
matted, although I'm not going to give up. She's a fighter too. She's
so small compared to Bubba that I didn't realize she's 11 1/2 lbs which
is pretty good sized. I got a few scratches already from clipping & combing.
Bubba was pretty placid about grooming. He'd hiss and howl, but wouldn't
really squirm and scratch like Rascal does. She's more interested in going
outside than Bubba was. If I put him outside, he'd bolt for the door and
cry to be let back in, while she will go out if I leave the door open and
is already getting acquainted with the outdoor cats. Bubba hated them and
wouldn't have anything to do with them. She's a bit skittish yet. She'll
walk around my legs when I'm walking around, but bolts if I try to pick her
up. If she feels like it, though, she'll jump up into my lap when I'm sitting
and she sleeps at least part of the night in my bed. She just doesn't like being
picked up, I guess. She's generally really friendly.

She's going back to the vet for dental cleaning Monday. I'm gradually going
to get her used to being combed. The vet says brushing won't do much for the
matting because its the undercoat that is the problem. I try to do a few
seconds with the comb here and there during each day with a treat afterward.
Hopefully she'll get used to it.

Here's a pic. She could be Bubba's sister...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Rascal01.jpg

One eye looks bluer than the other, but they're both the same green IRL.
Old November 20th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
In article ,
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Yep, that's a characteristic of Maine Coons. This page exactly describes my
Sammy and my Bandit(rb): http://fanciers.com/breed-faqs/maine-coon-faq.html

She's going back to the vet for dental cleaning Monday. I'm gradually
going
to get her used to being combed. The vet says brushing won't do much for
the
matting because its the undercoat that is the problem. I try to do a few
seconds with the comb here and there during each day with a treat
afterward.
Hopefully she'll get used to it.

Here's a pic. She could be Bubba's sister...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Rascal01.jpg

One eye looks bluer than the other, but they're both the same green IRL.

She's gorgeous! She also looks exactly like my Bandit did. Sammy doesn't
have as much brown in her coats - she more black and slate colored.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 20th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Rascal has the MC voice as well...

Almost squeaky, but not quite.

She's a lot more active than Bubba was. She was chasing a fly around
the house the other day. Hopefully she won't get *too* interested
in going outside, though. I'd prefer she stay inside.

She's going back to the vet for dental cleaning Monday. I'm gradually
going
to get her used to being combed. The vet says brushing won't do much for
the
matting because its the undercoat that is the problem. I try to do a few
seconds with the comb here and there during each day with a treat
afterward.
Hopefully she'll get used to it.

Here's a pic. She could be Bubba's sister...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Rascal01.jpg

One eye looks bluer than the other, but they're both the same green IRL.

She's gorgeous! She also looks exactly like my Bandit did. Sammy doesn't
have as much brown in her coats - she more black and slate colored.

I'm gonna get more pix when her bald spots grow back out. She already
looks a whole lot better after two weeks. I just hope she'll get
used to being combed so she doesn't wind up all matted again.
Old November 20th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Here's a pic. She could be Bubba's sister...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Rascal01.jpg

One eye looks bluer than the other, but they're both the same green IRL.

She is beautiful! Those eyes. . .

Old November 20th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
wrote:

Here's a pic. She could be Bubba's sister...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Rascal01.jpg

One eye looks bluer than the other, but they're both the same green IRL.

She is beautiful! Those eyes. . .

Thanks.

Tough to believe she was in the shelter for over a month...
Old November 20th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

She has a "don't mess with me" look in her eyes. She is beautiful. MLB
Old November 20th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

She's not real sure about the camera, especially that close.