What 'nicknames' do you give your "cats"?

Old November 21st 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default What 'nicknames' do you give your "cats"?

Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
"hawks".

"Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
"Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!

I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Old November 21st 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

Ripley = Fipples

Mr. Sanders = Sandy Poo, or, more often, Butt Head.

Moe = Moo

Motley = Moon Face

Rascal = Wascally Wabbit

Weasel doesn't have one.

Old November 22nd 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
"hawks".

"Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
"Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!

I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Mine have tens or twenties of names. We play with words a lot around
here.

Old November 22nd 08, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

wrote in message
Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
"hawks".

"Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
"Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!

I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Fattyfattybuttbutt
baby schmaby
BCE (best cat ever)
big fat furry cat
big fat furry lump o' cat
makie lakie lou
pretty pretty princess
big fluffy ball of love
big fluffy ball of hate
meer meer
sweety nom noms

Old November 22nd 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"dejablues" wrote in message

wrote in message
Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
"hawks".

"Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
"Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!

I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Fattyfattybuttbutt
baby schmaby
BCE (best cat ever)
big fat furry cat
big fat furry lump o' cat
makie lakie lou
pretty pretty princess
big fluffy ball of love
big fluffy ball of hate
meer meer
sweety nom noms

You are really brave.

Old November 22nd 08, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On 21 marras, 22:10, wrote:

I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". *What names do you
guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Hm, it's a bit difficult to translate from Finnish, but "carpet shark"
does seem to apply to my new calico (5 mo :-)
Others are "Crazy Biter", "Dahhlink" and "Slurp" (freely translated).
And I've noticed that the old maxim is true: "Everything that's on the
floor is mine, and everything that's not there, will be."

&y, telling Typy good morning -- and slurp.
Old November 22nd 08, 11:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Average Joe

wrote in message
Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
"hawks".

"Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
"Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!

I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

My last cat was nicknamed "Stinky"... He wasn't really, but he
responded to it, so it stuck!

Old November 23rd 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul[_2_]

On Nov 22, 8:46*am, jmc wrote:
Suddenly, without warning, exclaimed (11/21/2008 3:10 PM):

Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
"hawks".

"Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
"Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!

I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". *What names do you
guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

have brothers Rudy & Moe...my late husband named one and me the
other...I don't know who named who
Moe is Moe-Moe
Rudy doesn't have one, just Rudy