Eilish Could Not Be Saved

Old November 25th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jannie

Default Eilish Could Not Be Saved

I lost my precious Eilish this morning. My heart is breaking and I am
still in shock. I posted a message last week to the group about my
puking cats. They are littermates. I did switch their food and one
of them immediately quit vomiting. One did not. I took her to the
vet Saturday when she refused food because she NEVER, EVER refuses
food. Upon examination the vet could feel a tumor in her abdomen and
after taking xrays she was not sure what she would find when she
opened her up. My husband and I said our goodbyes to her this
morning, just in case, she seemed so weak this morning and so not her
fiesty little self. I got the dreaded call and the tumor was on her
intestine 1" x 2" with the blood vessels of the intestine running
right through the tumor. She also had some smaller ones, cannot
recall what she said right now, but one of them was in her bowel. She
said she could remove part of the tumor and some of the smaller ones
and she may live another 4-6 weeks or she could sew her back up and we
could take her home for a few more days, or she could euthanize her.
We decided to euthanize her, Eilish was such an energetic, smart,
neurotic, fiesty little skinny cat, I know she would not want to live
that way. I miss her so much, I still have 2 other cats and a dog,
however they offer me no comfort now because all I want is my Eilish
back. She was only 9 1/2 years old. Thank you all for your previous
comments and for listening. Janice
Old November 25th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
Jannie wrote:
[...]

You have my sympathy. It's a horrible decision to have to make.
Old November 25th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Jannie" wrote in message
I lost my precious Eilish this morning. My heart is breaking and I am
still in shock.

I'm so sorry, Janice. You clearly gave her the best of care. My heart goes
out to you.

Old November 25th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

Jannie wrote:

I lost my precious Eilish this morning.

I am so sorry. It's especially hard when relatively young friends go
with little warning.
Old November 25th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On Nov 24, 5:07*pm, Jannie wrote:
[...]

I'm very sorry about little Eilish. I know words cannot really help
you now other than to know that others here understand your pain. I
have had to have 2 cats who were not quite 9 years old euthanized and,
it's true, it's much sadder when they don't get to live out a "normal"
life span.

Candace
Old November 25th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

On Nov 24, 7:07*pm, Jannie wrote:
[...]

I am so sorry for your loss. You did all you could but I know how you
will miss this special cat.
Old November 25th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB

Jannie wrote:
[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel..." It's hard to let you go.Sincere
condolences to those who mourn, MLB
Old November 25th 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:07:08 -0800 (PST), Jannie
wrote:

[...]

I'm so very sorry for your terrible loss.

I know it's hard, but you made the right decision.

Poor Eilish could have come home, but she would have been very sick.

Now, she's at the Bridge, happy and healthy again.

I'm sorry you did not have more time with Eilish.

I hope your grief fades quickly, and is replaced with all the happy
memories you have of your time with Eilish.

Old November 25th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

My condolences to you and your family. Eilish will be waiting for you
at the Bridge and you will meet again someday.

How fireworks saved my cat ... Cosmotcat Cat anecdotes 11 April 13th 08 10:20 PM
New Orleans is Saved! Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 20 September 8th 05 03:59 AM
this saved my kitty! pattys Cat health & behaviour 2 April 20th 05 02:48 PM
Saved Kitten Karen Cat anecdotes 6 November 19th 04 11:51 AM
We were saved....... Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 November 5th 04 08:00 PM