Whistling for the Cat......

Old November 6th 04, 08:42 PM
LMarks

Default Whistling for the Cat......

Chessie hates any kind of whistling - always has. So I whistle softly to
get her to come to me...we have an unspoken agreement that I stop the
instant she jumps up to me
Nikki is oblivious to whistling, calling, singing, shouting........she
marches to her own drummer!!

Old November 7th 04, 01:05 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 15:42:50 -0500, "LMarks"
yodeled:

Chessie hates any kind of whistling - always has. So I whistle softly to
get her to come to me...we have an unspoken agreement that I stop the
instant she jumps up to me
Nikki is oblivious to whistling, calling, singing, shouting........she
marches to her own drummer!!

Stinky responds to whistling, too. He immediately gets up, walks
around, meows, and comes up to me and head-butts-- but I can't tell
if he's doing it because the sound attracts him, or because he's
coming to me to say "Mo-oooo-ooooom, cut it out!"

Theresa

Old November 7th 04, 05:13 AM
Marina

LMarks wrote:

Chessie hates any kind of whistling - always has. So I whistle softly to
get her to come to me...we have an unspoken agreement that I stop the
instant she jumps up to me
Nikki is oblivious to whistling, calling, singing, shouting........she
marches to her own drummer!!

My Nikki responds to whistling. She doesn't like and gets quite upset if
I whistle. Frank doesn't care much.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 7th 04, 05:51 AM
JB

In ,
Kreisleriana shouted to everyone in earshot,
Stinky responds to whistling, too. He immediately gets up, walks
around, meows, and comes up to me and head-butts--

I used to whistle tunes for my cats (well, still do when I get a song
in my head)... not a huge reaction, but they were interested. then I
started playing cellphone ring tones for them. they'd really go
psycho for Nokia's version of Bach's famous D-minor fugue (usually
labeled "Fuga" in the phone)--Grizzly would lift up to get to the
phone and try to bite the antenna, Buck would tackle her from behind
and start nipping at her, and Jimmer would pace around and wind
between my legs like he didn't know what to do. lots of meowing all
around. good times.

Jeff

Old November 7th 04, 12:01 PM
Norm

LMarks wrote:
Chessie hates any kind of whistling - always has. So I whistle softly to
get her to come to me...we have an unspoken agreement that I stop the
instant she jumps up to me
Nikki is oblivious to whistling, calling, singing, shouting........she
marches to her own drummer!!

When I'm ready to feed 'em, if by some fluke of outside involvement a
cat isn't ready for dinner I just open the door and whistle and they
literally come running. Willie is particularly fun to watch come up the
driveway at fullspeed. Most times I can time him, be bending over his
dish with spoon in hand as he bursts through the catdoor, "You can call
me anything but don't call me Late-For-Dinner" Norm

--
"The web has got me caught. I'd rather have the blues than what I've
got." via Nat King Cole

Old November 7th 04, 12:54 PM
Dan M

When I'm ready to feed 'em, if by some fluke of outside involvement a
cat isn't ready for dinner I just open the door and whistle and they
literally come running. Willie is particularly fun to watch come up the
driveway at fullspeed. Most times I can time him, be bending over his
dish with spoon in hand as he bursts through the catdoor, "You can call
me anything but don't call me Late-For-Dinner" Norm

Tiger (RB) didn't used to respond to whistling, but he would come
running when we called his name. He was an outdoor cat, but used to stay
within a block or so of home. He was also VERY vocal, and when you
called for him you just used to have to listen for a minute to tell
where he was coming from. As soon as he heard his name he'd start
meowing very loudly, and would keep meowing while he ran. You'd hear
"Meow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow" as he came running towards you. Quite amusing!