Not eatting wet food

Old February 2nd 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
desgnr[_2_]

Default Not eatting wet food

My cat cc won't eat her wet food.
She will eat her dry food.
She looks healthy
Why all of a sudden will she stop eating her wet food ?

Old February 2nd 09, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

On Feb 2, 10:00*am, "desgnr" wrote:
My cat cc won't eat her wet food.
She will eat her dry food.
She looks healthy
Why all of a sudden will she stop eating her wet food ?

Maybe it's being frugal. I mean, you have wet and dry out right

mine do that. they'll have both out, and just graze on the dry
sometimes

Old February 2nd 09, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"desgnr" wrote in message
My cat cc won't eat her wet food.
She will eat her dry food.
She looks healthy
Why all of a sudden will she stop eating her wet food ?

Just to befuddle you. Cats are like that. My advice to you is to give her
what she wants. Bad things happen when you don't give them what they want.

Old February 2nd 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"desgnr" wrote

Why all of a sudden will she stop eating her wet food ?

Change of pace probably. That or you either got a different brand, or a
flavor she doesnt like? I've had the odd experience in that none of the
many cats i've had, would tolerate the tuna versions. Current one wont
tolerate the same flavor more than 1 day so we have to swap each day between
shrimp, chicken, beef etc.

It's even possible you just got a new brand of dry she really likes and will
munch on in preference for a little bit.

Ever been in a mood for a particular food for a few days? Probably nothing
more than that. Apt to straighten out in a few days.

My current cat (Daisy) is a bit of a snob. She seems to know which food
costs more and will go for the eukanaba dry over 9-lives wet ;-) I took to
better wet ones long ago but the occasional 'oops ran out' has us pickup a
standby can at 7-11 and they dont have much choice there.

Old February 2nd 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

cshenk wrote:
My current cat (Daisy) is a bit of a snob. She seems to know which
food costs more and will go for the eukanaba dry over 9-lives wet ;-)
I took to better wet ones long ago but the occasional 'oops ran out'
has us pickup a standby can at 7-11 and they dont have much choice
there.

I got some emergency 9 Lives cans, and my cat basically refused to eat it.

She also refused to eat Nutro or Wellness canned food, so apparently price
has nothing to do with it in her case.

She likes the food with gravy that comes in smaller cans--Fancy Feast, BJ's,
and Friskies --but she tends to eat the gravy and leave some of the actual
food behind. At the moment I'm giving her a 5.5oz can of Friskies pate split
between two meals, and she's actually finishing all of it. She also has
Nutro kibble available for nibbling. So, since money is very tight, it looks
like she's going to keep getting Friskies pate unless I'm able to start
making a raw diet for her. (The problem with that is grinding the bones.)

Old February 2nd 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Janet" wrote
cshenk wrote:

My current cat (Daisy) is a bit of a snob. She seems to know which
food costs more and will go for the eukanaba dry over 9-lives wet ;-)
I took to better wet ones long ago but the occasional 'oops ran out'
has us pickup a standby can at 7-11 and they dont have much choice
there.

I got some emergency 9 Lives cans, and my cat basically refused to eat it.

Daisy will try to bury some of their versions but will tolerate (with a
nasty look at us) the sliced chicken or sliced beef ones in gravy.

We don't do it often but the 7-11 is just 100 yards or so from our house so
if we notice we are out at 6am or 6pm, we'll run over and grab her a fast
can.

She also refused to eat Nutro or Wellness canned food, so apparently price
has nothing to do with it in her case.

Hehe so much for 'wellness' eh? I dont see it sold here. Probably is but
no place I shop at.

She likes the food with gravy that comes in smaller cans--Fancy Feast,
BJ's, and Friskies --but she tends to eat the gravy and leave some of the
actual

BJ's is her current brand, (got at BJ's no less!). She tolerates Friskies
wet and has never had their dry.

Nutro kibble available for nibbling. So, since money is very tight, it
looks like she's going to keep getting Friskies pate unless I'm able to
start making a raw diet for her. (The problem with that is grinding the
bones.)

Yes, we make *some* of her and Cash's (dog) diet but that's a sideline
nibble, not intended to be main meal. They get it at lunch.

Today was porkbone broth with a small nibble of hamhock for each of them
(bigger one for him as he's 54lbs). The rest of the broth is on the stove
simmering with cabbage, onions, carrots, a turnip, and some leftover pork
ribs (stuff added to the broth after feeding pets). I'd pulled out a bag
from the freezer of it and have 5 cups broth for us, and about 3/4 cup went
to them for lunch ;-)

Pork bone broth is one of the few I freeze in larger amounts because when we
do want it, it's not just a cup. I have 3 more bags in the freezer for
later in the month.

Old February 2nd 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

I used to feed Nutro canned chicken. When I opened a new case, Amber
refused to eat it. They had changed the formula and there was something
in it that she didn't like. I now feed Wellness and have no problems.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old February 2nd 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, desgnr exclaimed (2/2/2009 10:00 AM):
My cat cc won't eat her wet food.
She will eat her dry food.
She looks healthy
Why all of a sudden will she stop eating her wet food ?

Well, cats are just like that sometimes. But probably a change in the
formula. Meep refused absolutely everything except Iams Ocean Fish for
the first 7 years of her life. Pretty much out of the blue, she started
burying it instead, and just as suddenly started accepting a wider
variety of dry food.

When she developed cystitis it was a major battle to get her completely
on wet food (we had her on prescription Royal Canin dry, but she still
had attacks). To this day she still begs for dry. I think she's a
carbohydrate addict, as I am.

Try a different brand of wet food. If you're feeding grocery store
stuff, it's a good opportunity to get her on some better quality food,
if you can afford it.

jmc
Old February 6th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Clara Semps

In article , desgnr
wrote:

My cat cc won't eat her wet food.
She will eat her dry food.
She looks healthy
Why all of a sudden will she stop eating her wet food ?

Cats are not only finicky, they are often very capricious. Furby will
eat anything. Dry, wet, human food, whatever. Beef, chicken, tuna,
anything. Including string, paper, towels, etc. sigh Gotta watch that
one.

On the other hand, Chaplin will only eat seafood. For the longest time,
I'm talking years, he would only eat Fancy Feast's Savory Salmon Feast.
Thank you. Put anything else in front of him, anything, and he'd walk
away. As he's gotten older, his taste in food has widened a bit. Now
he'll eat most Fancy Feast but only seafood varieties. Give him
chicken, liver or beef and he'll put up his nose and walk away. Same
for the dry food left out. It has to be the seafood flavor or he won't
eat anything. Even people food... he'll only eat shrimp, crab, lobster
or salmon. Loves those. He's got good taste. Expensive taste. sigh

Cats can be weird. LOL