Deer in the lion's den

Old November 10th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Deer in the lion's den

I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this, but my take is that once
the deer was injured by the female lion, they should have just let her have
it. They had to euthanize the poor thing any way I'll probably get flack
from half of you, agreement from half, or just completely ignored. lol

This article is a little humor about it even though it was probably very
scary for the kids watching things unfold. I'm sure a lot of them watch
Animal Planet. More deer get hit on the road here than ever before. When
they are not only running into the road but into a lion enclosure, aren't
there too many deer?

Old November 11th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this

Man, I haven't and I can't watch it. I'm too much of a softie I guess.

Old November 11th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this

Man, I haven't and I can't watch it. I'm too much of a softie I guess.

Here on the local news they had it on video. All of the details. I was
rooting for the lions. Environmental enrichment and all that.

Old November 11th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this

Man, I haven't and I can't watch it. I'm too much of a softie I guess.

Here on the local news they had it on video. All of the details. I was
rooting for the lions. Environmental enrichment and all that.

oo. what do you have against deer?

Old November 11th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Cheryl exclaimed (11/10/2009 9:21 PM):

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this

Man, I haven't and I can't watch it. I'm too much of a softie I guess.

Here on the local news they had it on video. All of the details. I was
rooting for the lions. Environmental enrichment and all that.

Nothing really against deer (I'm on friendly terms with some where I
walk regularly), but I found it kind of sad that a couple of mountain
lions couldn't manage to catch one small deer (well caught it once, then
let it get away). Hopefully they just weren't hungry, otherwise they're
pretty sad specimens. I've seen housecats that are better hunters than
that

jmc
Old November 11th 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this

Man, I haven't and I can't watch it. I'm too much of a softie I guess.

Here on the local news they had it on video. All of the details. I was
rooting for the lions. Environmental enrichment and all that.

oo. what do you have against deer?

Nothing at all, other than what we've done to them. We're taking away their
habitat and they're forced more and more into ours and their population is
huge due to no natural predators other than cars and hunters for what, a
week out of the year?

Old November 11th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this

Man, I haven't and I can't watch it. I'm too much of a softie I guess.

Here on the local news they had it on video. All of the details. I was
rooting for the lions. Environmental enrichment and all that.

Nothing really against deer (I'm on friendly terms with some where I walk
regularly), but I found it kind of sad that a couple of mountain lions
couldn't manage to catch one small deer (well caught it once, then let it
get away). Hopefully they just weren't hungry, otherwise they're pretty
sad specimens. I've seen housecats that are better hunters than that

They were African lions in the National zoo.

Old November 12th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Cheryl exclaimed (11/11/2009 3:46 PM):

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this

Man, I haven't and I can't watch it. I'm too much of a softie I guess.

Here on the local news they had it on video. All of the details. I
was rooting for the lions. Environmental enrichment and all that.

Nothing really against deer (I'm on friendly terms with some where I
walk regularly), but I found it kind of sad that a couple of mountain
lions couldn't manage to catch one small deer (well caught it once,
then let it get away). Hopefully they just weren't hungry, otherwise
they're pretty sad specimens. I've seen housecats that are better
hunters than that

They were African lions in the National zoo.

Oh, sorry. Don't know why I said Mountain. I blame age

jmc
Old November 12th 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this

Man, I haven't and I can't watch it. I'm too much of a softie I guess.

Here on the local news they had it on video. All of the details. I was
rooting for the lions. Environmental enrichment and all that.

Nothing really against deer (I'm on friendly terms with some where I
walk regularly), but I found it kind of sad that a couple of mountain
lions couldn't manage to catch one small deer (well caught it once, then
let it get away). Hopefully they just weren't hungry, otherwise they're
pretty sad specimens. I've seen housecats that are better hunters than
that

They were African lions in the National zoo.

Oh, sorry. Don't know why I said Mountain. I blame age

It makes it worse, doesn't it. That the king of the jungle couldn't catch a
small deer that seemed to have a death wish.

Old November 12th 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds

In article
,

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I'm sure a lot of you have already read about this

Man, I haven't and I can't watch it. I'm too much of a softie I guess.

Here on the local news they had it on video. All of the details. I was
rooting for the lions. Environmental enrichment and all that.

Nothing really against deer (I'm on friendly terms with some where I
walk regularly), but I found it kind of sad that a couple of mountain
lions couldn't manage to catch one small deer (well caught it once, then
let it get away). Hopefully they just weren't hungry, otherwise they're
pretty sad specimens. I've seen housecats that are better hunters than
that

They were African lions in the National zoo.

Oh, sorry. Don't know why I said Mountain. I blame age

It makes it worse, doesn't it. That the king of the jungle couldn't catch a
small deer that seemed to have a death wish.

The saddest part is that it should have
been some kind of antelope next to the
lions, not a deer. What kind of people
are in charge of the zoo? This might
also explain the lions problem...being
faced with something that might not have
smelled "correct"

Deer Maggy May Sundance Cat community 35 March 31st 09 07:53 AM
Deer Maggy May Will in New Haven Cat community 5 March 23rd 08 10:48 PM
Deer Kitties CleoKatra Cat anecdotes 4 September 14th 06 04:44 PM
Deer comforts cat Karen Cat anecdotes 3 June 19th 06 09:09 PM
Santa's Deer Bev Cat anecdotes 2 December 8th 03 09:46 PM