Biting kitty bites no more!

Old November 16th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kathy

Default Biting kitty bites no more!

I posted a while back about our new kitten who was otherwise practically
perfect, but was biting us constantly. Some poster here suggested
hissing at him, as that's what his mother would have done. I wasa
little leery, but tried it and guess what? It worked! He hardly ever
bites anymore. It looks like he really wants to but he manages to
restrain himself, remembering the hissing I assume. A big thank you to
whoever suggested it!

Kathy

Old November 16th 09, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Kathy exclaimed (11/15/2009 11:47 PM):

I posted a while back about our new kitten who was otherwise practically
perfect, but was biting us constantly. Some poster here suggested
hissing at him, as that's what his mother would have done. I wasa
little leery, but tried it and guess what? It worked! He hardly ever
bites anymore. It looks like he really wants to but he manages to
restrain himself, remembering the hissing I assume. A big thank you to
whoever suggested it!

Kathy

I think that was me. I'm glad it worked for you! Meep was so cute as a
kitten, there was a stage where she'd go to bite me, then start licking
me madly because while biting was not allowed, licking was

jmc
Old November 16th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kathy

jmc wrote:
Suddenly, without warning, Kathy exclaimed (11/15/2009 11:47 PM):

I posted a while back about our new kitten who was otherwise
practically perfect, but was biting us constantly. Some poster here
suggested hissing at him, as that's what his mother would have done.
I wasa little leery, but tried it and guess what? It worked! He
hardly ever bites anymore. It looks like he really wants to but he
manages to restrain himself, remembering the hissing I assume. A big
thank you to whoever suggested it!

Kathy

I think that was me. I'm glad it worked for you! Meep was so cute as a
kitten, there was a stage where she'd go to bite me, then start licking
me madly because while biting was not allowed, licking was

jmc

Yes - Max does that too! Thanks so much for the tip.

Kathy

Old November 17th 09, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Onideus Mad Hatter[_2_]

Kathy wrote:

I posted a while back about our new kitten who was otherwise practically
perfect, but was biting us constantly. Some poster here suggested
hissing at him, as that's what his mother would have done. I wasa
little leery, but tried it and guess what? It worked! He hardly ever
bites anymore. It looks like he really wants to but he manages to
restrain himself, remembering the hissing I assume. A big thank you to
whoever suggested it!

Maybe giving him a swift kick in the belly will help.
Old November 17th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Onideus Mad Hatter" wrote in message
Kathy wrote:

I posted a while back about our new kitten who was otherwise practically
perfect, but was biting us constantly. Some poster here suggested
hissing at him, as that's what his mother would have done. I wasa little
leery, but tried it and guess what? It worked! He hardly ever bites
anymore. It looks like he really wants to but he manages to restrain
himself, remembering the hissing I assume. A big thank you to whoever
suggested it!

Maybe giving him a swift kick in the belly will help.

Can I give you a swift kick in the nuts first with my steel toed boots so
idiots like you can't breed anymore

Old November 17th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

g.com...

Kathy wrote:

I posted a while back about our new kitten who was otherwise practically
perfect, but was biting us constantly. Some poster here suggested
hissing at him, as that's what his mother would have done. I wasa
little leery, but tried it and guess what? It worked! He hardly ever
bites anymore. It looks like he really wants to but he manages to
restrain himself, remembering the hissing I assume. A big thank you to
whoever suggested it!

Maybe giving him a swift kick in the belly will help.

Can I give you a swift kick in the nuts first with my steel toed boots so
idiots like you can't breed anymore

Honey. This aged asshole has been around since Usenet was something new and
dangerous. don't quote him, kf him.

Old November 17th 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

g.com...

Kathy wrote:

I posted a while back about our new kitten who was otherwise
practically perfect, but was biting us constantly. Some poster here
suggested hissing at him, as that's what his mother would have done. I
wasa little leery, but tried it and guess what? It worked! He hardly
ever bites anymore. It looks like he really wants to but he manages to
restrain himself, remembering the hissing I assume. A big thank you to
whoever suggested it!

Maybe giving him a swift kick in the belly will help.

Can I give you a swift kick in the nuts first with my steel toed boots
so idiots like you can't breed anymore

Honey. This aged asshole has been around since Usenet was something new
and dangerous. don't quote him, kf him.

But I like messing with stupid trolls IT is so fun to make them cry ;-)

Old November 17th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Onideus Mad Hatter[_2_]

cybercat wrote:
g.com...
Kathy wrote:
I posted a while back about our new kitten who was otherwise practically
perfect, but was biting us constantly. Some poster here suggested
hissing at him, as that's what his mother would have done. I wasa
little leery, but tried it and guess what? It worked! He hardly ever
bites anymore. It looks like he really wants to but he manages to
restrain himself, remembering the hissing I assume. A big thank you to
whoever suggested it!
Maybe giving him a swift kick in the belly will help.

Can I give you a swift kick in the nuts first with my steel toed boots so
idiots like you can't breed anymore

Honey. This aged asshole has been around since Usenet was something new and
dangerous. don't quote him, kf him.

Maybe I should start posting terrible **** with your nym so YOU get kf'd
by everyone.

Maybe.