Good News Post

Old November 30th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Good News Post

Since there's a lot of posting when bad stuff happens to our kitties,
though I'd post something good: Meep had her vet visit today, and
assuming the blood tests come out good, she's in very good health for a
cat going on 14, with cystitis, moderate arthritis and a heart murmur.

I was a bit concerned that she was eating more than she has in the past,
but the vet opines that the Metacam is working and she's simply feeling
better. They commented on her nice, soft coat; I laughed and said that
must be the Fancy Feast, since that's the only food I can get her to eat
regularly.

The vet did understand why I was concerned Meep was actually eating
normally, considering her long history of not eating because she really
dislikes canned (for those who don't know us, Meep gets cystitis with
even small meals of any kind of dry). She's a couple ounces down from
her last vet visit, but has actually put on some weight in the last
couple of weeks (judging by the feel of her ribs).

So the Old Lady Cat is doing well. She actually does have cases of the
"rips" still (a couple nights a week now, yay!), and will play though
not for long periods of time.

She's getting a bit crotchety but not terribly so. Bit more demanding
but I don't mind as she's a lot less skittish than she was as a kitten.
She keeps going on like this and maybe she will make the 25 years I
keep hoping for!

So, how old is your oldster and how is he/she doing?

jmc
Old December 1st 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

That's great news! Thanks for updating us.

To answer your question: Holly is 14 but looks and acts much younger. She
is still active, graceful, and vibrant. I know she has reached an age where
I should consider her a "senior," but she really does not show her age. I
am very grateful!

MaryL
Photos of Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old December 1st 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

MaryL wrote:

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

That picture should be framed and kept forever. MLB
Old December 1st 09, 08:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"MLB" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks! I love the picture, and I love the fact that she still has the
strength and grace to leap to the mantel (and without ever stumbling or
breaking anything).

MaryL