Another cat dumped.........

Old December 15th 09, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

Default Another cat dumped.........

......out here in the country. I finally got near him (big black male cat)
and made friends with him with the help of food and talking kindly to him.
I noticed he had a large bloody gash on his thigh 2 days ago but couldn't
get near him. Something ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from his thigh. It
looked like a dog bite. This morning after petting him for awhile he tried
to follow me into the house. I opened the door and managed to maneuver him
into a large carrier. I immediately called our vet and she said to bring
him right in - emergency case. He's clean of AIDS and Leukemia. She'll
debride and try and repair the damage done to his thigh. He'll also be
castrated and whatever else needs to be done. I pick him up tomorrow
afternoon. I have a large cage ready with a cat bed, litterpan, shelf and
soft blanket. He'll have to remain in it for a few days. This will give the
girls a chance to meet him before he's turned loose in the house. Once he
realized I'd do him no harm he was the sweetest cat. On the vets table he
tried to hide under my arm but not once tried to bite or scratch either of
us.

Old December 15th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:55:21 -0600, "Kelly Greene"
wrote:

[...]

Wow, that's one very lucky cat. Purrs.
Old December 15th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

Kelly Greene wrote:
[...]

Sending heartfelt purrs for his good health and happiness with you and
your fur kids. MLB
Old December 15th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

wrote:

[...]

The luck is mine also. You don't find cats with his sweet temperament every
day.... not that we wanted another cat. :-\ I'm waiting to hear from the
clinic so I can go pick him up. If they don't call soon I'll call them.

Old December 15th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dorothy Iams

Kelly you are a grand person and will have a lovely holiday with
Blackie. I got my sweetie that way too. I dont think he would have
come in if it hadnt been for his leg injury. Im so sorry he had it
and he seems kinda arthritic because of it and takes big stretches
when he wakes up. My boy is red and according to Temple Grandin can
be skittish and he is. Black cats are the calmest she says. Merry
Christmas to you both.

Old December 16th 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Dorothy Iams" wrote in message
Kelly you are a grand person and will have a lovely holiday with
Blackie.

:: You cannot believe how much joy and laughter these kitties have brought
into our lives. :-)

I got my sweetie that way too. I dont think he would have
come in if it hadnt been for his leg injury. Im so sorry he had it
and he seems kinda arthritic because of it and takes big stretches
when he wakes up.

:: Was he hit by a car? Attacked by an animal? :*(

My boy is red and according to Temple Grandin can
be skittish and he is. Black cats are the calmest she says. Merry
Christmas to you both.

:: Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your kitties and human loved
ones. :-))

Old December 17th 09, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

wrote:

[...]

Thank you for taking care of this now very(!) fortunate cat.

'Anybody who can make friends with strange cats will always be
fortunate.'

-Unknown author, American Colonial period

I hope you have many, many happy years together, and that Karma catches
up with whoever dumped this cat, in a particularly nasty way.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091216-2, 12/16/2009
Tested on: 12/17/2009 12:13:33 AM

Old December 17th 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"MLB" wrote in message
Kelly Greene wrote:
[...]

Thank you. Spirit is doing well. He had the drain removed this afternoon.
I brought him home and he ran and hid somewhere. Poor guy!

Old December 17th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

wrote:

[...]

I know it's not charitable... but I feel the same way. Shame on them! May
the fleas of a 100 camels infest their unmentionable areas. :-(

---

Old March 8th 10, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
[...]

And such is the stuff of great friendships. When I rescued my beloved
Buddy he was a filthy, smelly, farting mess. He cleaned up well and on the
first day I had him he sat still in a groomers tub for a full bath. He knew
he was being helped and he trusted me from day 1. Until his death in 08, he
was an elegant, proud, wonderful old soul.

Paul