Tomcat Crazy Female Cat

Old January 6th 10, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

Default Tomcat Crazy Female Cat

There is a female cat that lives outside my house that I feed, because I
felt sorry for her.

But I won't adopt her officially.

The reason is because she is male cat crazy, and if she is inside when the
tomcats come around, she suddenly wants to get to them, and messes up the
cords and switches on my computer to get to the window so she can see them
outside, and meow at them.

What should I do with her? It is going to be in the teens Fahrenheit
here the next few nights, and I don't want her to freeze to death.
Should I let her in? Should I risk my computer connections, which
I may not know how to re-attatch correctly?

And I can't get her spayed, because it seems she is always pregnant.
Not hard to understand why.

Thanks for any sound advice.

Old January 6th 10, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 00:51:58 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
wrote:

There is a female cat that lives outside my house that I feed, because I
felt sorry for her.

But I won't adopt her officially.

The reason is because she is male cat crazy, and if she is inside when the
tomcats come around, she suddenly wants to get to them, and messes up the
cords and switches on my computer to get to the window so she can see them
outside, and meow at them.

What should I do with her? It is going to be in the teens Fahrenheit
here the next few nights, and I don't want her to freeze to death.
Should I let her in? Should I risk my computer connections, which
I may not know how to re-attatch correctly?

And I can't get her spayed, because it seems she is always pregnant.
Not hard to understand why.

Thanks for any sound advice.

Get her spayed and take her in. Mathew will probably disagree but they
do abort the babies at the same time. If you don't do something Ms.
Baby Factory will just keep having them and you'll be overrun. We're
in the same situation here. Jet is likely pregnant again and we need
to get her fixed. There are too many cats around here, far more than
ever before.
Old January 6th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Huh???? how did I get involved in this and where did you get that opinion
of me. I don't believe in people taking healthy cats to be put to sleep
because they are too much of a hassle. I hate kill shelters but I
understand them. I rather see an animal cross the bridge than live hungry
and in danger with no chance of finding a home and being safe.

Plus this person has been here for a few months and If I have to comment on
what to do. I think cyber would be a better choice to do it than me.

Old January 6th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:18:34 -0500, "Matthew"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Oh, sorry. I thought I remember you saying something about not wanting
to abort kittens. It stuck in my mind because I also hate the idea of
doing that. I guess we all feel the same way about that. It must have
been someone else.

I find myself in the same situation as the OP. Jet is almost certainly
pregnant again and she is still raising babies from the last litter.
We need to have her fixed but there never seems to be a time when she
isn't incubating. Someone was supposed to come by and TNR her and
another cat but I heard she had problems at home; some of her 20 or so
cats had a virus and several died. Jet was by with one kitten last
night and this morning - they're back to living in the heated box, at
least for a day or two. I don't know where the other kitten is.
Old January 7th 10, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
netamerica...
There is a female cat that lives outside my house that I feed, because I
felt sorry for her.

But I won't adopt her officially.

The reason is because she is male cat crazy, and if she is inside when
the tomcats come around, she suddenly wants to get to them, and messes up
the cords and switches on my computer to get to the window so she can see
them outside, and meow at them.

Spay her. She'll lose interest fast. ;-)

Thanks for the information. I hoped something like that would happen.
I just hope they don't lose interest in everything, like playing
with other cats.

What should I do with her? It is going to be in the teens Fahrenheit
here the next few nights, and I don't want her to freeze to death.
Should I let her in? Should I risk my computer connections, which
I may not know how to re-attatch correctly?

Can't you close the door to the room your PC is in? Or put her in a
bedroom or bathroom?

My PC is in my living area, and if I keep them confined in the bedroom or
bathroom they will just dart out whenever I open the door.

The problem is that the cats I own seem to be interested in whatever I am
interested in. If they see me interested in the computer, that is where
their interest goes, and they have to be a part of it.

It is impossible to keep the little one off the keyboard.

And I can't get her spayed, because it seems she is always pregnant.
Not hard to understand why.

Excuse me! Spay her after she weans her next litter. They're not
pregnant 24/7/365.

I guess my problem here is that I am using the local SPCA to fix my cats,
and they take a two month wait. I suppose I will have to make the
appointment while she is still pregnant, and just hope for the best.

Thanks for the help.

Old January 7th 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Green[_3_]

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
netamerica...

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

Spay her. She'll lose interest fast. ;-)

Thanks for the information. I hoped something like that would happen.
I just hope they don't lose interest in everything, like playing
with other cats.

No, that doesn't happen. All the females cats I've ever owned were spayed.
The only change was their loss if interest in finding a tomcat. They still
played with toys and other cats and the dogs.

My PC is in my living area, and if I keep them confined in the bedroom or
bathroom they will just dart out whenever I open the door.

Yep! That's cats for you. :-)
Excuse me! Spay her after she weans her next litter. They're not
pregnant 24/7/365.

I guess my problem here is that I am using the local SPCA to fix my cats,
and they take a two month wait. I suppose I will have to make the
appointment while she is still pregnant, and just hope for the best.

What are you doing with all the kittens since all the shelters and rescues
are packed full of unwanted cats and kittens? A 2 month wait? Why not take
them to your local vet and have them spayed or neutered? It's not that
expensive.

Thanks for the help.

Old January 7th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Google low cost spay and neutering for your area many programs will cost
you $35 for the operation and $100 for everything which includes micro
chipping and vaccinations well that is the cost in my area

Old January 8th 10, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"Kelly Green" wrote in message
. com...

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
netamerica...

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

Spay her. She'll lose interest fast. ;-)

Thanks for the information. I hoped something like that would happen.
I just hope they don't lose interest in everything, like playing
with other cats.

No, that doesn't happen. All the females cats I've ever owned were
spayed. The only change was their loss if interest in finding a tomcat.
They still played with toys and other cats and the dogs.

Yes, unlike humans, cats and most other animals do not associate sex with
playing.....To them, they are two different things........

Old January 8th 10, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kathy

Kelly Green wrote:

[...]

You can purchase a voucher at friendsofanimals.com for spaying &
neutering for around $50. Just make sure there's a participating vet
near you.

Kahty
Old January 9th 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"Kelly Green" wrote in message
. com...

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
netamerica...

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

Spay her. She'll lose interest fast. ;-)

Thanks for the information. I hoped something like that would happen.
I just hope they don't lose interest in everything, like playing
with other cats.

No, that doesn't happen. All the females cats I've ever owned were
spayed. The only change was their loss if interest in finding a tomcat.
They still played with toys and other cats and the dogs.

Yes, unlike humans, cats and most other animals do not associate sex with
playing.....To them, they are two different things........

What do you call it when your cat purrs?
Is that sex?