I never stop being amazed

Old January 19th 10, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default I never stop being amazed

at how cruel people can be. Here's a posting from the local Freecycle
group:

Our 10-year-old cat, Cleo, is looking for a new home to escape the
terrors of our two young children. Cleo is a spayed, de-clawed, indoor
female cat with a nice demeanor. She has tolerated our 20-month-old
son's chasing and tail-pulling (and has never bitten him, though often
deserved) and is now subjected to our newborn's screaming. We would
love to find a calmer, more suitable home for her to enjoy her prime.
Cleo is white and grayish with bright blue eyes (google "lynx point
siamese" for images of cats that look similar) and is about 10-11
pounds.

--------------

Oh isn't that such concern for the benefit of the cat. Live in home
for ten years and now gets kicked out because the newborn wails away.

Would anyone like to make some comments so I can forward them?
Old January 19th 10, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Magic Mood Jeep[_4_]

"dgk" wrote in message
news
[...]

How about this: Monitor your damn brats so they will shut up and not bother
the cat. And while your at it, chop off your own fingers at the first
knuckle to "declaw" yourself, and get yourself spayed to boot doing all of
these will definitely help calm your household so that the cat will enjoy
her senior years.

Old January 20th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

dgk wrote:
[...]

My Grandmother would tell that lady to get some bone in her nose and
teach the kids to behave. When my grandchildren came (long ag0) they
were ordered to leave Princess alone. Now their kids are only allowed
to look and don't touch TuTu. MLB
Old January 20th 10, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"dgk" wrote in message
news
[...]

Why be so harsh? She is trying to do her best for the cat.....A lot of
people (I have known a few) would just put the cat down and be done with it.
At least, she is trying to resolve the situation without hurting either the
kid or the cat. I would recommend (to her if I could, ) that she find a
neighbor who lives close by that would like to have the cat. This way, the
cat could visit her, still enjoy it's usual haunts, (cats are territorial
and hate leaving their territories) And might even move back in after the
kid grows up a bit.

Old January 21st 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:44:27 -0800, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
news
[...]

What do you think she is going to do if she gets no takers? And taking
in a 10 year old cat is just asking for big vet bills. I don't think
the cat is looking for a new home, A newborn screaming is causing a
problem for a cat? Yes, she might find it annoying but no where near
as annoying as losing her home and family.
Old January 21st 10, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"dgk" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:44:27 -0800, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
news
[...]

So your advice is...........?

Old January 22nd 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jan 19, 11:44*pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:
"dgk" wrote in message

Why be so harsh? She is trying to do her best for the cat.....A lot of
people (I have known a few) would just put the cat down and be done with it.
At least, she is trying to resolve the situation without hurting either the
kid or the cat. I would recommend (to her if I could, ) that she find a
neighbor who lives close by that would like to have the cat. This way, the
cat could visit her, still enjoy it's usual haunts, (cats are territorial
and hate leaving their territories) And might even move back in after the
kid grows up a bit.

One, changing owners is stressful for a cat, especially an older cat.

Two, most people won't take an older cat. You miss all the easy years
and start off right before they hit all the vet bills and then you
lose them. It's harsh to think that, but if you had a choice between a
youngster and a 10 year old, wouldn't you be likely to pick the
youngster? More years of enjoyment.

The person may or may not have a badly behaving kid. It could be that
they know the cat is headed for vet bills and want to ditch it now.
After all, it is cheaper to give it away than to pay to put it down.
And anybody who truly cares about their pets will simply teach their
kids to behave properly and make sure they aren't together
unsupervised. Millions of kids grow up each day with pets in their
home, who are not being abused. It's not that hard.

My youngest niece used to be a terror. Very badly behaved with
animals. And her parents would not discipline her. She kept playing
rough after we warned her. So, when the cat got her, there was no
sympathy. That's what you get for not respecting the cat. After that,
we didn't allow her around the animals. We limited her visits, and we
always made sure to put away the animals before she arrived. She was
not allowed in those rooms. She would complain, and we would simply
state that the animals are not to be messed with, and this is the best
way to make sure they are safe. She has never spent the night in our
home. Sadly, we just coudldn't risk it. She is 14 now, and we do leave
the pets out for short visits. But She isn't dangerous like before.

Old January 22nd 10, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jan 21, 3:45*pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:
"dgk" wrote in message

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:44:27 -0800, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
news at how cruel people can be. Here's a posting from the local Freecycle
[...]

Give the cat a safe place to retreat to and teach the damn kid.

Parent up.

Old January 22nd 10, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"dgk" wrote in message

[...]

Yes. There are people on death row in prisons who started out
torturing/killing animals. But you can't assume that is the case just
because someone is asking for advice when she sees that her cat is annoyed
by her kid. We have great grandkids who scare away the feral cat, and
sometimes one or two of the other cats, but they get along with Meggie, (who
was raised around children) fine. Our house has plenty of places where the
cats can go to hide if they don't like the company.....They are all outside
cats, and they can always escape through one of the cat doors to the great
outside world. As a matter of fact, they sometimes hide in the house so well
that we can't find them, and wonder where they were when they suddenly show
up, and we realize from their warm fur that they haven't been outside.
If there is a place to hide, a cat will find it. They love nothing better
than to hide out in some new place that no one knows about. We have one that
found a place in the kitchen, behind the built-in dishwasher.....How she can
squeeze behind it is a mystery to me, but she does.......

Old January 23rd 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
harry

On Jan 19, 8:54*am, dgk wrote:
[...]

Hello,

My offer is this: either beat the sht out of the idiot kid every time
it commits a cruel act against a helpless animal, or invite me over to
beat the sht out of you for being a negligent mother, plus committing
cruelty to helpless animals. You sure are a piece of work . . . rip
out your uterus before you produce anymore of like.

Truly

Truth will set you free, according to Jesus, in John 8:32

Stop Following Me! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 20 May 1st 08 06:45 AM
Is there anything that you can do to stop a late neuter tom stop spraying? sheelagh Cat health & behaviour 9 January 29th 07 10:27 PM
STOP! Karen Cat health & behaviour 16 August 3rd 05 04:47 PM
stop ARC RedRiver35 Cat community 1 March 22nd 04 11:55 PM