This cat will never freeze

Old January 23rd 10, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Poppa McDonald

Default This cat will never freeze

I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
can't take much more of this.

That's my rant for today.

Poppa M

Old January 23rd 10, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"Poppa McDonald" wrote in message
I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
can't take much more of this.

That's my rant for today.

Poppa M

Well just be delicate with the affectionate cat, you don't want to hurt
her feelings. Personally, I love a purring cat on top of me. You can
feel the love eminating from the little creature. At night, I just close
the bedroom door on her, so she can prowl through the house.

Old January 24th 10, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

Poppa McDonald wrote:
I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
can't take much more of this.

That's my rant for today.

Poppa M

My Princess ( Siamese RB 16) Used to sleep on me at night and this is how I changed it. I got a small low "Parson's table

and placed it on the side of my bed. I bought a heated kitty pillow
to put on it. Then when she tried to sleep on me I moved her to the
heated pillow. It only took a couple of lessons and she soon preferred
the pillow. Good luck. MLB

Old January 27th 10, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:44:31 -0600, Poppa McDonald
wrote:

I weighed this cat last night and was surprised to find she
only weighs 7 pounds. She lays on top of me every chance she
gets and feels like at least 15 pounds. Every time I lay
down or sit down she's on top of me quick. In the middle of
the night I wake to find her on top of me, stretched out
with her legs over my sides soaking up my warmth. She makes
quite a bit of heat of her own and I find myself sweating
a lot. I don't want to be mean to her but I'm getting tired
of being a cat warmer. My old body's about wore out and
can't take much more of this.

That's my rant for today.

Poppa M

Aside from keeping warm, your cat is also expressing her affection for
you.

It's bitterly cold where I am. I would be glad to have a cat to help me
stay warm.

Sadly, my senior citizen kitty has never been much of a 'lap cat'. She
spends most of the winter on her electrically heated bed. I'm sure it's
much warmer than I am

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100126-1, 01/26/2010
Tested on: 1/27/2010 1:42:13 AM

Old January 28th 10, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

wrote:

[...]

That's neat that you give that poor old animal a heated bed.
I'm sure it means life to her.
But the kind of warmth cats want I don't think is that kind of warmth.
At least not for the most part.
Cats want to be close.
Mine really does. I can't keep her away from me.
She just wants to snooze on my lap.
She is only 5 months old. Maybe you should try one that age.

Mark

Old January 28th 10, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

wrote:

[...]

Then explain why Espy likes to hang out on top of the cable box (which
radiates enough heat to heat a small room).

All cats are different. Very rarely will Espy sit on my lap but it is
a great honor when he does. Marlo, Nipsy, and new boy Scooter love lap
sitting.
Old January 28th 10, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Amber loves her heated window seat but refuses to sit on my lap. Tiger
likes to sit on my lap (all 24 pounds of him) but doesn't care about his
heated window seat.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old January 28th 10, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

wrote:

[...]

Does Espy purr on top of the cable box?
Sure, all cats are different.
Some like to stay by themselves altogether.

Old January 28th 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Amber loves her heated window seat but refuses to sit on my lap. Tiger
likes to sit on my lap (all 24 pounds of him) but doesn't care about his
heated window seat.

Tiger is 24 pounds? I thought my cat was big at 5 pounds!
What do you have, a mountain lion?

Old January 29th 10, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Mark Earnest asked:

Tiger is 24 pounds? I thought my cat was
big at 5 pounds! What do you have, a
mountain lion?

No just a Maine Coon. Luckily when he gets on my lap he does it very
slowly and carefully.