Lactose intolerance

Old February 7th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
KenK

Default Lactose intolerance

I'm pretty sure my cat is lactose intolerant. Is this something I'd find as
a cat food (dry or canned) ingredient? If so, how would it be described in
the ingredient list - milk? Anything else have lactose? Yogurt (I've seen
yogert flavored cat food, I think)?

TIA

Old February 7th 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"KenK" wrote in message
I'm pretty sure my cat is lactose intolerant. Is this something I'd find
as
a cat food (dry or canned) ingredient? If so, how would it be described in
the ingredient list - milk? Anything else have lactose? Yogurt (I've seen
yogert flavored cat food, I think)?

I would think it would have to be listed. I doubt it would be in cat food
since so many cats are intolerant to it.

Old February 8th 10, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"KenK" wrote in message
I'm pretty sure my cat is lactose intolerant. Is this something I'd find
as
a cat food (dry or canned) ingredient? If so, how would it be described
in
the ingredient list - milk? Anything else have lactose? Yogurt (I've seen
yogert flavored cat food, I think)?

I would think it would have to be listed. I doubt it would be in cat food
since so many cats are intolerant to it.

I don't know. If they put animal digest in cat food they may be dumb
enough to try just about anything.

Old February 9th 10, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"KenK" wrote in message
I'm pretty sure my cat is lactose intolerant. Is this something I'd find
as
a cat food (dry or canned) ingredient? If so, how would it be described
in
the ingredient list - milk? Anything else have lactose? Yogurt (I've seen
yogert flavored cat food, I think)?

I would think it would have to be listed. I doubt it would be in cat food
since so many cats are intolerant to it.

There are lactose intolerant people too.....They can sometimes find milk
substitutes or types of milk (acidophilus, and other types) that they can
drink....Perhaps a cat could also benefit from some of these. I only have
two cats who like milk, and they are not allergic to it, but if they were, I
think I would try some of these other types of milk......