CatBanter

-   -   Mama's Hat (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=99892)

BfloPolska March 12th 10 08:36 PM

Mama's Hat

I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

Blessed be
Baha

[email protected] March 12th 10 09:08 PM

Mama's Hat

BfloPolska wrote:

I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

Oh, how cute! I'm jealous - I want a purring hat! Mom, why can't I
have a purring hat?? :)

Joyce

PS - I can just hear the tune this ditty goes to, but I can't remember
the name of the song, if I ever even knew it.

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it.

Joe Dee March 12th 10 10:06 PM

Mama's Hat

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:08:56 -0500, wrote
(in article ):

BfloPolska wrote:

I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

Oh, how cute! I'm jealous - I want a purring hat! Mom, why can't I
have a purring hat?? :)

Joyce

PS - I can just hear the tune this ditty goes to, but I can't remember
the name of the song, if I ever even knew it.

I have a little dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

--
Ketzl's Dad

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy12/joedid/Ketzl/

Kyla \=^..^=\ March 12th 10 10:58 PM

Mama's Hat

"BfloPolska"
I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

Blessed be
Baha

Awwwww, how sweet..
I just love that. :)
Love
Kyla

[email protected] March 12th 10 11:28 PM

Mama's Hat

BfloPolska wrote:

I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

PS - I can just hear the tune this ditty goes to, but I can't remember
the name of the song, if I ever even knew it.

I have a little dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

Oh, I wasn't thinking of that song. (I used to do parodies of that
about my cats... "I have a little Smudgie, she's made all out of fur,
and when I stroke and pet her, how loudly she will purr..." Or
something. Actually, Smudge doesn't purr loudly. Poetic license.)

No, I was thinking of a different song, more like this:

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...hinas_song.mp3

(Please excuse 2-3 seconds of silence at the beginning.)

Joyce
--
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr

MLB[_2_] March 13th 10 12:27 AM

Mama's Hat

BfloPolska wrote:

[...]

Robert Lewis Stevenson's poem

I have a little shadow that goes round and round with me
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anybody know thw rest? MLB

[email protected] March 13th 10 01:15 AM

Mama's Hat

MLB wrote:

wrote:

No, I was thinking of a different song, more like this:

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...hinas_song.mp3
(Please excuse 2-3 seconds of silence at the beginning.)

Robert Lewis Stevenson's poem

I have a little shadow that goes round and round with me
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anybody know thw rest? MLB

That's a song?

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.

Marina March 13th 10 04:27 AM

Mama's Hat

BfloPolska wrote:
I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

Oh, I miss my purring Frankie-hat each and every evening!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

MatSav March 13th 10 09:10 AM

Mama's Hat

"MLB" wrote in message

Robert Lewis Stevenson's poem

I have a little shadow that goes round and round with me
And what can be the use of him is more than I can
see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anybody know the rest?

I didn't 'know' the rest, but Google was my friend:

My Shadow
by Robert Louis Stevenson

I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.

The funniest thing about him is the way he likes to grow-
Not at all like proper children, which is always very slow;
For he sometimes shoots up taller like an India-rubber ball,
And he sometimes gets so little that there's none of him at all.

He hasn't got a notion of how children ought to play,
And can only make a fool of me in every sort of way.
He stays so close beside me, he's a coward you can see;
I'd think shame to stick to nursie as that shadow sticks to me!

One morning, very early, before the sun was up,
I rose and found the shining dew on every buttercup;
But my lazy little shadow, like an errant sleepy-head,
Had stayed at home behind me and was fast asleep in bed.

One of the Google links also led to this:

http://craftinsomniac.typepad.com/cr.../08/boots.html
:-)

--
MatSav

MLB[_2_] March 13th 10 05:06 PM

Mama's Hat

MatSav wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the post. I remembered it from long ago as a song
(sing-song?) but I was apparently wrong. Your backyard cat is a beauty
as is what I can see of your daughter. Best wishes. MLB