CatBanter

-   -   Fear of flying (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=109781)

Takayuki August 4th 13 08:03 PM

Fear of flying

I dreamed that I had died. As though tethered to a balloon, I ascended into
the clear blue sky, from where I could only look down helplessly at my
shadow growing smaller and smaller on green hills.

As the landscape became distant, I could sense a soft touching of souls
that meant my beloved Betty was growing nearer. But unexpectedly, all I
could feel was panic. The fear and terror of leaving three kitties
overwhelmed even my desire to be reunited with my long-lost heart-cat.

Then, a single claw swiped down and severed the thread that had been
pulling me skyward, postponing my trip for another time.

I thought a little bit about my dream, and what I had learned.

Christine once told me that when Suz was on the respirator, she tried
repeatedly to tell her something, but no sound came out. "I'm sorry, I
can't understand," was all she could reply. And Suz didn't have the limbs
to write it down. No one knows what her last words were.

But Suz loved Spicey so much - she must've felt the same sense of panic
that I did in my dream. I think I know what she was trying to say. She was
probably saying, "Please take care of Spicey."

Cheryl[_3_] August 5th 13 01:31 AM

Fear of flying

On 8/4/2013 3:03 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

What a scary dream, and you're probably right about Suz's last words.
You will see Betty again but not now.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

jmcquown[_2_] August 5th 13 01:39 AM

Fear of flying

[...]

Oh... Tak. That is so sad.

But you have taken such good care of Spicey. She has integrated so
well. Please be sure in your mind and calm in your hearth. Suz knows this.

Jill

Takayuki August 6th 13 02:25 AM

Fear of flying

On Sun, 04 Aug 2013 20:31:27 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
What a scary dream, and you're probably right about Suz's last words.
You will see Betty again but not now.

The two most important things in Suz's day-to-day life were TV and Spicey.
So I'm at least 50% sure that I am right. :)

You know, Suz never said anything about being ill. It's like her to have
kept that to herself, and everything worked out in the end, but I wish that
we'd known.

Takayuki August 6th 13 02:30 AM

Fear of flying

On Sun, 04 Aug 2013 20:39:05 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
Oh... Tak. That is so sad.

But you have taken such good care of Spicey. She has integrated so
well. Please be sure in your mind and calm in your hearth. Suz knows this.

I love having a small untame girl wandering around the house. She
simultaneously gets the most attention, and the least attention.

She ends up not interacting with me as much as the others, because she
keeps to herself. But she also gets more unsolicited fuss and concern than
the others.

My goal is still to get her tame and cuddly. It probably won't happen, but
Spicey-taming is such a fun hobby and produces enough anecdotes on its own
that it hardly matters.

Cheryl[_3_] August 6th 13 03:27 AM

Fear of flying

On 8/5/2013 9:30 PM, Takayuki wrote:
I love having a small untame girl wandering around the house. She
simultaneously gets the most attention, and the least attention.

She ends up not interacting with me as much as the others, because she
keeps to herself. But she also gets more unsolicited fuss and concern than
the others.

My goal is still to get her tame and cuddly. It probably won't happen, but
Spicey-taming is such a fun hobby and produces enough anecdotes on its own
that it hardly matters.

You have described Bonnie. She's been here almost 10 years now and
she's still just as untameable as she was back then. The only
difference now is that she loves to be pet. Can't be picked up, but I
can "get" her gently in bed as she must feel that's when she's safe from
me. I can get her to climb on me and then when I feel her claws need
attention I will wrap my arms around her and check and clip them. She
always acts so surprised, but she'll come back a few days later to the
same prone position and because her claws are clipped, I let her just
sit by me while I'm laying down.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Christina Websell August 11th 13 01:26 AM

Fear of flying

wrote:
Oh... Tak. That is so sad.

But you have taken such good care of Spicey. She has integrated so
well. Please be sure in your mind and calm in your hearth. Suz knows
this.

I love having a small untame girl wandering around the house. She
simultaneously gets the most attention, and the least attention.

She ends up not interacting with me as much as the others, because she
keeps to herself. But she also gets more unsolicited fuss and concern than
the others.

My goal is still to get her tame and cuddly. It probably won't happen, but
Spicey-taming is such a fun hobby and produces enough anecdotes on its own
that it hardly matters.

KFC was quite a bad girl about slashing too, but not in Spicey's league.
She seemed to know not to go too far with bad temper in case I threw her
out, which I never did.