CatBanter

-   -   OT - some people have no brains (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7794)

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers October 2nd 04 02:34 PM

OT - some people have no brains

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Baby's name sounds rude

A Bedford couple named their baby son Drew Peacock before realising it sounded
rude.

The baby's father Russell said he only twigged it when he put it in an internet
search engine looking for famous namesakes, and was asked: Do you mean Droopy
C**k?

"It was as if I'd been smacked with a right hook. I started repeating 'Drew
Peacock' over and over again. Then I thought - what have we done?

"I went numb and couldn't speak for two minutes. Then I couldn't stop
laughing."

Mother Shetal Patel had also failed to spot their error despite being a
registrar's assistant, says The Sun.

She said: "I thought Russell had seen a ghost when he came away from the
computer. We decided on the name a month before he was born - we both loved it
straight away."

The couple are now concerned Drew's name will cause him problems in later life.

Russell said: "People at work are already saying, 'Hey, look there's Droopy's
dad'. But we don't want to change his name. It's on his birth certificate and
other documents."

Some people have no brains...

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Jeanette October 2nd 04 02:46 PM

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote in
message ...
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Baby's name sounds rude

*speechless*

Jeanette

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers October 2nd 04 03:03 PM

*speechless*

Jeanette

It's the way they've now realised the name is opening their child up to years
of ridicule at school & work, yet they aren't going to change his name...

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Karen Chuplis October 2nd 04 03:03 PM

in article ,
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers at
omcom wrote on
10/2/04 8:34AM:

This is how dense I am. I didn't figure it out until they said it in the
article!! Well, it's not like they can't change his name. I guess I
certainly would.

Christine Burel October 2nd 04 03:17 PM

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
*speechless*

Jeanette

It's the way they've now realised the name is opening their child up to

years
of ridicule at school & work, yet they aren't going to change his name...

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched

off--

What Helen said. I just read this after reading the Dilbert online
newsletter and several examples of Induhviduals.
His commentary on what people said/did after each one was

And then he (or she) voted...

Ack!
Christine

Yoj October 2nd 04 06:41 PM

[...]

Maybe some people just don't have dirty enough minds. I couldn't see
anything wrong with the name until I read the article. I can easily
understand why the parents didn't think of that.

Joy