CatBanter

-   -   Facebook (Again) (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=107655)

Christina Websell March 31st 12 12:18 AM

Facebook (Again)

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Bobble" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

Early this morning I got a flood of emails/copies of posts from
members of the rpca facebook group. This has never happened to me in
the past. In fact, I thought I'd deactivated my account last year.
I've deactivated it again.

To those whose FB accounts sent me purr requests... of course you have
them. But please understand. I don't use FB. I don't like FB.

Jill

There's deactivate and delete. To delete it completely, you have to fly
through rings and hoops to accomplish it. I think you're gone now
because
I got a message that we were no longer "friends".

Bobble

How kind of FB to inform you we're no longer friends! Yet another reason
to dislike FB. It's not the members I dislike, it's FB itself. I still
like you!

Jill

Speaking of Facebook, is there anybody here who can tell me if it's
possible to send a private message to a "friend"? I got a notice that one
of my "friends" is having a birthday this week. I don't recognize the
name. I have a number of friends from this group whose names I don't
know, but when I saw a list of mutual friends, I realized they must be
from here. However, there are only two mutual friends with this person.
One is from this group, but another is a Toastmaster.

I'd like to go through my list and, if I can't figure out how I know the
person, send them a message that didn't appear on Facebook, asking how I
know them or if they'd mind if I "unfriend" them. I don't want to hurt
anybody's feelings by just "unfriending" to start with.

Joy

Good idea to stay on usenet rpca then. We cannot be unfriended.

Joy March 31st 12 12:37 AM

Facebook (Again)

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Bobble" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

[...]

Right. Besides, I know how I know people who post here.

Joy