CatBanter

-   -   What Do you do? A Poll (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23327)

badwilson January 17th 05 01:38 AM

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
Overseas Aussies pine for vegemite, timtams, cherry ripes, violet

crumbles,
twisties and real beer :-)

TimTams sound delicious... but vegemite!?!?!?!?!?!

Victor, shuddering at the thought of vegemite....

Yeah, I somehow doubt I'll be getting into the vegemite once I become
an Aussie. I like tim tams, like the beer, like the wine, haven't
tried cherry ripes, violet crumbles and twisties, but will stay far,
far away from vegemite!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Tanada January 17th 05 03:23 AM

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:

I am officially a Crazy Cat Lady, because I have the CCL Action
Figure. And because all the neighborhood kids know this is where the
stray cats go, and point to my door and say "That's where the Cat Lady
lives!".

Ginger-lyn
Certified Crazy Cat Lady

Not only do I have a floating ownership of between 5 and 10 cats, but an
enclosure and the neighbors all send the strays over to our house to ask
us to take care of them.

Pam S. who is certified, or ought to be

Tanada January 17th 05 03:27 AM

Adrian wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

LOL I learned programming on punch cards.

Did you ever drop a bunch of them?

The computer at the first college I attended "spoke" Fortran, which used
punch cards. One of my friends worked in the computer lab and came up
with a program to put musical "notes" on cards shuffle them up and feed
them through the computer. Some of the compositions were pretty good,
some stank.

Pam S. who loved that old computer for the chips she got rid of an old
room mate with

Tanada January 17th 05 03:28 AM

Bill Stock wrote:

"Sherry " wrote in message

Ok, I'm curious. What does everyone in here do for tuna money? I know
we have some, ok a lot, of computer geeks, educators (or what passes for
one) and so forth.

Before desktop publishing was ever heard of, I was a "typesetter." There's
word you don't hear anymore.
More recently I managed the art department at a metro newspaper and did ad
design / layout, page layout, etc. Then my health just didn't allow me to
work
anymore.
Now I think I'm what you call a recluse.

Sherry

It's always been my aspiration to be a recluse. :)

Mine too. I wanna be a recluse.

Pam S. who's discussed this with family

Tanada January 17th 05 03:42 AM

Marina wrote:

Tanada wrote:

Hey, I resemble that remark. Actually, I'm noted for posting polls
and asking unusual questions of everyone in here.

Pam, this is a good thread. You brought several lurkers out of the
woodwork. :o)

Thag you, Thag you berry mush,

Pam S. with allergies

Julie Cook January 17th 05 03:47 AM

Tanada wrote:

Marina wrote:

Tanada wrote:

Hey, I resemble that remark. Actually, I'm noted for posting polls
and asking unusual questions of everyone in here.

Pam, this is a good thread. You brought several lurkers out of the
woodwork. :o)

Thag you, Thag you berry mush,

Pam S. with allergies

Purrs for your allergies to clear up, Pam. I hate allergies. Selena does
too and I suspect Sam isn't very happy with them right now, either.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and Sam

Marina January 17th 05 04:39 AM

jmcquown wrote:

ROFL That reminds me of a funny. When I worked at Prudential in the 80's
we had a new regional VP. He was showing some clients around and tried to
introduce me as a "Jack of All Trades" but he said, "She's basically a
Jackass - uh, Jack-ESS! of all Trades"

ROFL!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina January 17th 05 04:42 AM

Tanada wrote:

Marina wrote:

Tanada wrote:

Hey, I resemble that remark. Actually, I'm noted for posting polls
and asking unusual questions of everyone in here.

Pam, this is a good thread. You brought several lurkers out of the
woodwork. :o)

Thag you, Thag you berry mush,

Pam S. with allergies

Aww, purrs for those pesky allergy greeblings to go away and leave you
alone.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina January 17th 05 04:44 AM

Yowie wrote:

Overseas Aussies pine for vegemite, timtams, cherry ripes, violet

crumbles,

twisties and real beer :-)

TimTams sound delicious... but vegemite!?!?!?!?!?!

Victor, shuddering at the thought of vegemite....

Yeah, I somehow doubt I'll be getting into the vegemite once I become
an Aussie. I like tim tams, like the beer, like the wine, haven't
tried cherry ripes, violet crumbles and twisties, but will stay far,
far away from vegemite!

I hear it's an acquired taste. Yowie is training Cary to love vegemite
as we speak. How's the carpet?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Dan M January 17th 05 06:00 AM

DH is a service advisor for an Allison transmission factory authorized
service center. He's an expert on the transmissions that allow Dan M to
hold Harri Roadcat while they're driving through town.

Julie

Please tell your DH that Harri is extremely grateful!

Dan