CatBanter

-   -   Spicey seeks attention (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=109310)

Takayuki April 27th 13 08:59 PM

Spicey seeks attention

Spicey, my cute little untame girl has been with us for over half a year
now, and seems quite accepting of everyone and everything.

Every morning, I get a visit in bed from Spicey. Usually, Dot and Buster
will already be with me, since they often sleep on top of the covers, or on
me.

When Spicey hops up and surveys the bedtop scene with her big round eyes
and multicolored face, it looks like a tiny angel had descended through a
rainbow to come see me. She'll sometimes even bow her head at my
outstretched hand, or let Dot wash her neck. She's usually in a good mood
in the morning.

During the day, I'll sometimes find her following me, which makes me go
"Awww" and turn around towards her. But strangely, that makes her turn
right back around and trot away from me. So we end up repeating this
process where she follows me, I follow her, I give up and walk away, then
she starts following me again. I'm not sure what that is about. :)

Christina Websell April 27th 13 10:17 PM

Spicey seeks attention

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

I was hoping for a Spicey update, thank you, Tak.

Cheryl[_3_] April 28th 13 01:07 AM

Spicey seeks attention

On 4/27/2013 3:59 PM, Takayuki wrote:

[...]

I can't believe it's already been six months! She's really taken to
you. :)

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

pat Chlebowski April 28th 13 02:26 AM

Spicey seeks attention

Thanks for the update...

Takayuki April 28th 13 05:32 AM

Spicey seeks attention

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 22:17:45 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
During the day, I'll sometimes find her following me, which makes me go
"Awww" and turn around towards her. But strangely, that makes her turn
right back around and trot away from me. So we end up repeating this
process where she follows me, I follow her, I give up and walk away, then
she starts following me again. I'm not sure what that is about. :)

I was hoping for a Spicey update, thank you, Tak.

There isn't a lot of drama with her these days. Her philosophy will always
be "The best defense is a good offense", but she seems to have at least
decided that I don't require preemptive attacks anymore!

Ann791 April 28th 13 05:34 PM

Spicey seeks attention

[...]

Thanks for the update. It sounds like she is settling into your
family.Will she let you pet her yet?

Ann

Takayuki April 29th 13 03:56 AM

Spicey seeks attention

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:34:12 -0400, ann791 wrote:
Thanks for the update. It sounds like she is settling into your
family.Will she let you pet her yet?

Oh yes. She likes being patted on the flat part of her head. :)

She seems particularly tolerant of handling when I'm still in bed. I
imagined that it brings up memories of her meowmie for her.

Cheryl[_3_] April 29th 13 04:00 AM

Spicey seeks attention

On 4/28/2013 10:56 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:34:12 -0400, ann791 wrote:
Thanks for the update. It sounds like she is settling into your
family.Will she let you pet her yet?

Oh yes. She likes being patted on the flat part of her head. :)

She seems particularly tolerant of handling when I'm still in bed. I
imagined that it brings up memories of her meowmie for her.

Reminds me of Bonnie. The only time I can get her to sit on me is when
I'm in bed. Then here comes jealous Shamrock to chase her away. :(

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Joy April 29th 13 06:48 AM

Spicey seeks attention

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:34:12 -0400, ann791 wrote:
Thanks for the update. It sounds like she is settling into your
family.Will she let you pet her yet?

Oh yes. She likes being patted on the flat part of her head. :)

She seems particularly tolerant of handling when I'm still in bed. I
imagined that it brings up memories of her meowmie for her.

Also, you probably don't seem so threatening when you're at her level.
Waffles still doesn't want me to stand and pet him if he's on the couch,
although he loves it if he's in my lap or in bed with me.

Joy

Christina Websell April 29th 13 07:34 PM

Spicey seeks attention

wrote:
During the day, I'll sometimes find her following me, which makes me go
"Awww" and turn around towards her. But strangely, that makes her turn
right back around and trot away from me. So we end up repeating this
process where she follows me, I follow her, I give up and walk away,
then
she starts following me again. I'm not sure what that is about. :)

I was hoping for a Spicey update, thank you, Tak.

There isn't a lot of drama with her these days. Her philosophy will always
be "The best defense is a good offense", but she seems to have at least
decided that I don't require preemptive attacks anymore!

Phew! At least you don't have to dangle from the stairs any more which
really worried me.
I admire you for taking her on.
Kitty Farmcat was a horrible grump and would slash me sometimes, but she
wasn't in Spicey's league.
What I liked about KFC is that she was brilliant with children. No million
claws appeared then, even when my baby nephew (just crawling at 9-10 months
old) grabbed her skin quite hard in his fist. I thought she would scratch
him but she didn't, she headbutted him and invited him to do it again.