CatBanter

-   -   BW to me anyway (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=90272)

Granby August 10th 08 02:09 AM

BW to me anyway

Went out with the family for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie said "To
ease stress, get a cat". Considering I have three and my son, just down the
street has 10 at the moment, I nearly rolled on the floor when they read
that to me.

John F. Eldredge August 10th 08 02:15 AM

BW to me anyway

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:09:46 -0500, Granby wrote:

Went out with the family for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie said "To
ease stress, get a cat". Considering I have three and my son, just down
the street has 10 at the moment, I nearly rolled on the floor when they
read that to me.

The funniest fortune-cookie message I have gotten recently was one that
said, "You may be hungry later. Why not order some carry-out?".

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Mark Edwards August 10th 08 02:52 AM

BW to me anyway

No cluons were harmed when John F. Eldredge wrote:
The funniest fortune-cookie message I have gotten...

For me, it was "Fortune not found"

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

[email protected] August 10th 08 03:06 AM

BW to me anyway

Granby wrote:

Went out with the family for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie said "To
ease stress, get a cat". Considering I have three and my son, just down the
street has 10 at the moment, I nearly rolled on the floor when they read
that to me.

I was just in a grocery store that had a newsletter for customers, and
the front page had an article entitled, "What's Good For Your Heart?"
The accompanying picture (a drawing) showed a person holding a kitty. :)

I guess my heart must be in good shape!

--
Joyce ^..^

[email protected] August 10th 08 03:10 AM

BW to me anyway

Mark Edwards wrote:

No cluons were harmed when John F. Eldredge wrote:
The funniest fortune-cookie message I have gotten...

For me, it was "Fortune not found"

Mark, was this on a Unix (or Linux) system?? :) That doesn't count!

--
Joyce ^..^

Marina August 10th 08 04:33 AM

BW to me anyway

Granby wrote:
Went out with the family for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie said "To
ease stress, get a cat". Considering I have three and my son, just down the
street has 10 at the moment, I nearly rolled on the floor when they read
that to me.

What, you mean having cats doesn't ease your stress level? ;)

Granby August 10th 08 05:49 AM

BW to me anyway

Not if you have one like my O T. If there is trouble he will find it, if
there isn't trouble, he will make it!!!

Joy August 10th 08 08:01 AM

BW to me anyway

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:09:46 -0500, Granby wrote:

Went out with the family for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie said "To
ease stress, get a cat". Considering I have three and my son, just down
the street has 10 at the moment, I nearly rolled on the floor when they
read that to me.

The funniest fortune-cookie message I have gotten recently was one that
said, "You may be hungry later. Why not order some carry-out?".

--
John F. Eldredge --

Ooh! That's sneaky! ;-)

The last one I got said, "Accept the next proposition you receive." I'm
still waiting for that proposition. G

Joy

Kyla =^..^=` August 10th 08 08:14 AM

BW to me anyway

bastXXXette
Granby wrote:

Went out with the family for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie said "To
ease stress, get a cat". Considering I have three and my son, just down
the
street has 10 at the moment, I nearly rolled on the floor when they read
that to me.

I was just in a grocery store that had a newsletter for customers, and
the front page had an article entitled, "What's Good For Your Heart?"
The accompanying picture (a drawing) showed a person holding a kitty. :)

I guess my heart must be in good shape!

And a good heart you have indeed:)
Kyla

--