CatBanter

-   -   Eternal-september server acting flaky (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=107881)

Bastette May 9th 12 12:02 AM

Eternal-september server acting flaky

Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis

Chris H[_3_] May 9th 12 04:12 AM

Eternal-september server acting flaky

I've only been using it this evening, but so far it seems OK.
Maybe there was a node failure causing some bottle necks. Hope it's
behaving for you now!

Purrs-

Chris, Hazard and Oreo

Bastette May 9th 12 09:19 AM

Eternal-september server acting flaky

It's better tonight than it was during the day. Someone on the e-s
support newsgroup suggested that there were intermittent problems with
their DNS. Seems to have calmed down now, anyway.

Chris H wrote:

I've only been using it this evening, but so far it seems OK.
Maybe there was a node failure causing some bottle necks. Hope it's
behaving for you now!

Purrs-

Chris, Hazard and Oreo

On 05/08/2012 07:02 PM, Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.

Adrian[_4_] May 9th 12 02:19 PM

Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

Try using nntp.aioe.org as a backup, that's what I'm using.

--
Adrian

That Randy Guy May 10th 12 01:28 AM

Nobody cares you ****ing piece of ****

Bastette May 10th 12 02:30 AM

Adrian wrote:

Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

Try using nntp.aioe.org as a backup, that's what I'm using.

Things are back to normal on e-s, so I'll stick with that for now. But
I'll keep aioe in mind in case this happens again. Thanks.

Robert Catt May 10th 12 01:06 PM

"That Randy Guy" wrote in message

On 5/8/2012 7:02 PM, Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

Nobody cares you ****ing piece of ****

Here's living proof of why newsgroups can be so annoying, even cat
newsgroups - comments like this one.

jmcquown[_2_] May 11th 12 05:35 AM

"Robert Catt" wrote in message

"That Randy Guy" wrote in message

On 5/8/2012 7:02 PM, Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

Nobody cares you

Here's living proof of why newsgroups can be so annoying, even cat
newsgroups - comments like this one.

Please don't feed the trolls! Killfiles are your friend.

Jill

Robert Catt May 11th 12 12:33 PM

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...
Please don't feed the trolls! Killfiles are your friend.
Jill

Good advice, Jill. I'm not sure if the eternal-september server I use has a
killfile, but if it has I'll make use of it.

Robert Catt May 11th 12 12:37 PM

Eternal-september server acting flaky

"Robert Catt" wrote in message ...
Good advice, Jill. I'm not sure if the eternal-september server I use has a
killfile, but if it has I'll make use of it.

Aha! It has! I right-click on the title, scroll down to delete, then go to
"block sender". I've done that with the offending message. Thanks again.