CatBanter

-   -   Cinders visits the Outside (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=68389)

John F. Eldredge April 2nd 06 05:52 AM

Cinders visits the Outside

In the almost four years that I have had Cinders, she hasn't shown any
inclination to go outside, although she will peer out windows.
However, this afternoon I opened the front door, preparing to leave on
an errand, and found Cinders pacing outside the door. She promptly
came in, and gave me a lengthy talk on how strange things were
Outside. I had come home from the grocery store about an hour
earlier, and she must have slipped out the door without my noticing.
Hopefully she won't try that trick again anytime soon, as I live on a
street with lots of traffic.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Karen April 2nd 06 06:27 AM

Cinders visits the Outside

On 2006-04-01 22:52:45 -0600, John F. Eldredge said:

In the almost four years that I have had Cinders, she hasn't shown any
inclination to go outside, although she will peer out windows.
However, this afternoon I opened the front door, preparing to leave on
an errand, and found Cinders pacing outside the door. She promptly
came in, and gave me a lengthy talk on how strange things were
Outside. I had come home from the grocery store about an hour
earlier, and she must have slipped out the door without my noticing.
Hopefully she won't try that trick again anytime soon, as I live on a
street with lots of traffic.

My mother went to visit a neighbor the other day and unbeknownst to her
Tycho was on the porch. She always puts him in the house when she goes
out for any reason. (The porch is enclosed). She was gone about an hour
and when she came back she got quite a talking to about how she
abandonned him on the porch. He was not amused.

Adrian A April 2nd 06 11:31 AM

Cinders visits the Outside

John F. Eldredge wrote:
In the almost four years that I have had Cinders, she hasn't shown any
inclination to go outside, although she will peer out windows.
However, this afternoon I opened the front door, preparing to leave on
an errand, and found Cinders pacing outside the door. She promptly
came in, and gave me a lengthy talk on how strange things were
Outside. I had come home from the grocery store about an hour
earlier, and she must have slipped out the door without my noticing.
Hopefully she won't try that trick again anytime soon, as I live on a
street with lots of traffic.

It's probably a good thing you didn't know she was out, it would have been
very worrying. I'm so glad to hear she came to no harm.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Bill Stock April 2nd 06 04:01 PM

Cinders visits the Outside

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
In the almost four years that I have had Cinders, she hasn't shown any
inclination to go outside, although she will peer out windows.
However, this afternoon I opened the front door, preparing to leave on
an errand, and found Cinders pacing outside the door. She promptly
came in, and gave me a lengthy talk on how strange things were
Outside. I had come home from the grocery store about an hour
earlier, and she must have slipped out the door without my noticing.
Hopefully she won't try that trick again anytime soon, as I live on a
street with lots of traffic.

Miss Cleo has tried to walk out the screen door a couple of time lately. She
never really showed much interest during the winter. I foresee a long summer
training Miss Cleo that the Out is now off limits.

rrb April 2nd 06 09:38 PM

Cinders visits the Outside

John F. Eldredge wrote:

Outside. I had come home from the grocery store about an hour
earlier, and she must have slipped out the door without my noticing.
Hopefully she won't try that trick again anytime soon, as I live on a
street with lots of traffic.

Glad that nothing happened to Cinders. But perhaps a little more care is
in order when going in or out? I have never had either of my two cats
get out when I was going in or out. I usually come in empty handed or
with only a little stuff. Tuck the cats away into a bedroom and bring in
the rest. After it is all inside I then let them out.

rrb

W. Leong April 2nd 06 11:30 PM

Cinders visits the Outside

"rrb" wrote in message
John F. Eldredge wrote:

Glad that nothing happened to Cinders. But perhaps a little more care is
in order when going in or out? I have never had either of my two cats get
out when I was going in or out. I usually come in empty handed or with
only a little stuff. Tuck the cats away into a bedroom and bring in the
rest. After it is all inside I then let them out.

rrb

These days I put Rusty in his room and close the door before I go out.
Yesterday I opened the door to talk to my neighbour. Rusty, who was
sleeping, dashed out the door. I live in a highrise, so its not hard to
catch
him in the hallway. He just went and sniffed on another neighbour's doorway.
Another time he sliipped out when I opened the door to pickup the newspaper.
I didn't realized he was outside until I heard his meowing.

Winnie

Jean Hobbs April 3rd 06 02:14 AM

Cinders visits the Outside

That is worrying John, Three times I've locked Wilson out
because I've chased him in and never saw him go out again ,
not so bad for me as he only plays on the veranda, but I'm
scared he might get desperate and jump over, after all that
was Henri's{RB} main entrance and exit, and if Wilson
did get out and someone tooka short cut past our units he
would run a mile, and I'd never see him again. Jean.

polonca12000 April 5th 06 06:46 PM

Cinders visits the Outside

John F. Eldredge wrote:

In the almost four years that I have had Cinders, she hasn't shown any
inclination to go outside, although she will peer out windows.
However, this afternoon I opened the front door, preparing to leave on
an errand, and found Cinders pacing outside the door. She promptly
came in, and gave me a lengthy talk on how strange things were
Outside. I had come home from the grocery store about an hour
earlier, and she must have slipped out the door without my noticing.
Hopefully she won't try that trick again anytime soon, as I live on a
street with lots of traffic.

That's scary! Hopefully her curiosity is satisfied now.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek