CatBanter

-   -   Library Cat (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25101)

Adrian March 8th 05 03:48 PM

Library Cat

I was visiting my local library this afternoon when I met a beautiful
cat, he was a long haired oriental with stunning blue eyes. He was very
friendly, giving lots of purrs and headbutts. The librarian thinks he
lives next door to the library and says he often follows people in. With
luck I'll be seeing him again, it was certainly a pleasant surprise.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Katz March 8th 05 06:28 PM

Adrian wrote:
I was visiting my local library this afternoon when I met a beautiful
cat,

Aww. If they're open to allowing a cat inside, they should adopt a
library cat of their own. :)

Katz

Jo Firey March 8th 05 06:42 PM

"Katz" wrote in message
oups.com...

Adrian wrote:
I was visiting my local library this afternoon when I met a beautiful
cat,

Aww. If they're open to allowing a cat inside, they should adopt a
library cat of their own. :)

Katz

Sounds like this one may have the best of both worlds.

Jo

CATherine March 8th 05 08:36 PM

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:48:19 -0000, "Adrian" wrote:

I was visiting my local library this afternoon when I met a beautiful
cat, he was a long haired oriental with stunning blue eyes. He was very
friendly, giving lots of purrs and headbutts. The librarian thinks he
lives next door to the library and says he often follows people in. With
luck I'll be seeing him again, it was certainly a pleasant surprise.

It has to be a great library to let the cat in. And cats just seem to
belong in libraries and bookstores.

--
CATherine

Cheryl March 9th 05 01:46 AM

On Tue 08 Mar 2005 10:48:19a, Adrian wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

I was visiting my local library this afternoon when I met a
beautiful cat, he was a long haired oriental with stunning blue
eyes. He was very friendly, giving lots of purrs and headbutts.
The librarian thinks he lives next door to the library and says
he often follows people in. With luck I'll be seeing him again,
it was certainly a pleasant surprise.

He sounds very people friendly and I'm glad he has a place to go get
some attention and love!

--
Cheryl

Marina March 9th 05 04:40 AM

Adrian wrote:

I was visiting my local library this afternoon when I met a beautiful
cat, he was a long haired oriental with stunning blue eyes. He was very
friendly, giving lots of purrs and headbutts. The librarian thinks he
lives next door to the library and says he often follows people in. With
luck I'll be seeing him again, it was certainly a pleasant surprise.

Aww, how nice. The best combination in the world; cats and books.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Lesley Madigan March 9th 05 11:36 AM

Sounds like this one may have the best of both worlds.

Reminds me a lot of my "secret" cat (don't tell the Fabulous
Furballs!). Where I work we have an unoffical huge black and white cat
called depending on who you ask "Stamford," "Fred" or "Cat". Stamford
apparently had kittens a few years ago through everyone refers to her
as "him". She has a home somewhere around here but likes to spend her
days in the grounds hunting for mice and frogs and getting petted by
everyone and when its cold trying to sneak past the receptionist and
sit in one of the comfy chairs in the warm. She isn't really allowed
in here as its a hospital through early in the mornings I have seen
her walking up the corridor like she owned the place. Several staff
bring food in for her specially which since she has another home may
explain why she's rather ample.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Katz March 9th 05 05:43 PM

Marina wrote:

Aww, how nice. The best combination in the world; cats and books.

How true! Thus, my screen name. I have a T-shirt that shows a pic of a

cat draped over a pile of books. It says:
Books.
Cats.
Life is good.

;o)

Katz

Adrian March 10th 05 10:53 AM

Katz wrote:
Adrian wrote:
I was visiting my local library this afternoon when I met a beautiful
cat,

Aww. If they're open to allowing a cat inside, they should adopt a
library cat of their own. :)

Katz

The library doesn't open every day and if they did adopt a library cat
of their own the visitor may be upset.

Nina K Pettis March 10th 05 03:50 PM

Katz wrote:

Marina wrote:

Aww, how nice. The best combination in the world; cats and books.

How true! Thus, my screen name. I have a T-shirt that shows a pic of a

cat draped over a pile of books. It says:
Books.
Cats.
Life is good.

Is that the Gorey shirt? I've lusted after it for years...

Nina in Texas, servant to: Snickelfritz (RB), Pixel (RB 12/03), Rusty
(RB 9/04), Seth (RB 12/04), Skeeter, Kyle, Jake, and T.K. [Tuxedo Kitty]
--
Professional proofreading doesn’t cost – it pays!
www.ninaproofs.com