CatBanter

-   -   tornadoes? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=104613)

Spock-n-Persephone April 17th 11 10:25 PM

tornadoes?

Just reading the news about the awful and deadly tornadoes in the US.
I'm hoping all our RPCA folks are safe and out of harm's way.

Tish

cshenk April 18th 11 12:36 AM

tornadoes?

"Spock-n-Persephone" wrote

Just reading the news about the awful and deadly tornadoes in the US.
I'm hoping all our RPCA folks are safe and out of harm's way.

I'm fine but just south of me got hit hard and just north-west a bit of me
too.

Yowie April 18th 11 12:44 AM

tornadoes?

In ,
cshenk typed:
"Spock-n-Persephone" wrote

Just reading the news about the awful and deadly tornadoes in the US.
I'm hoping all our RPCA folks are safe and out of harm's way.

I'm fine but just south of me got hit hard and just north-west a bit
of me too.

Worried about Pam Shirk - the reports say North Carolina was particularly
badly hit.

Yowie

Joy April 18th 11 12:45 AM

tornadoes?

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Apr 17, 3:25 pm, Spock-n-Persephone wrote:
Just reading the news about the awful and deadly tornadoes in the US.
I'm hoping all our RPCA folks are safe and out of harm's way.
Tish

and you are in UK? Tornados severe in south USA. In MileHigh here,
we're all about huge longlasting wildfires due to draught weather.
Other areas of USA are suffering massive flooding.
Thank you for your concern

***

Tish is in Australia.

Joy

Cheryl[_3_] April 18th 11 01:26 AM

tornadoes?

On 4/17/2011 7:44 PM, Yowie wrote:
In ,
typed:
"Spock-n-Persephone" wrote

Just reading the news about the awful and deadly tornadoes in the US.
I'm hoping all our RPCA folks are safe and out of harm's way.

I'm fine but just south of me got hit hard and just north-west a bit
of me too.

Worried about Pam Shirk - the reports say North Carolina was particularly
badly hit.

Yowie

I'm sure she's fine but I hope to hear from her too. Tornadoes are so
very isolated. The normal ones just wipe out a swatch of land and homes
and cars. Wide ones can of course take out much more.

jmcquown[_2_] April 18th 11 02:20 AM

tornadoes?

"Spock-n-Persephone" wrote in message
Just reading the news about the awful and deadly tornadoes in the US.
I'm hoping all our RPCA folks are safe and out of harm's way.

Tish

There were tornado warnings and a siren went off but no tornados here.

Jill

Spock-n-Persephone April 18th 11 02:21 AM

tornadoes?

On Apr 18, 7:45*am, hopitus wrote:
On Apr 17, 3:25*pm, Spock-n-Persephone wrote: Just reading the news about the awful and deadly tornadoes in the US.
I'm hoping all our RPCA folks are safe and out of harm's way.
Tish

and you are in UK? Tornados severe in south USA. In MileHigh here,
we're all about huge longlasting wildfires due to draught weather.
Other areas of USA are suffering massive flooding.
Thank you for your concern

Yahoo had a brain fart when I applied for an email address and
allocated me to the UK. No biggie, but it does confuse people
sometimes. Also means I get amusing spam who assume I'm interested in
European and UK lotteries :-)
I am, as others have said, in Australia.

Hope MileHigh (which I assume is in Co) sees a reduction in the
fires. Fires aren't fun at all.

Tish

[email protected] April 18th 11 03:15 AM

tornadoes?

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:52:23 -0700 (PDT), hopitus
wrote:

On Apr 17, 5:44*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
om,
cshenk typed:

"Spock-n-Persephone" wrote

Just reading the news about the awful and deadly tornadoes in the US.
I'm hoping all our RPCA folks are safe and out of harm's way.

I'm fine but just south of me got hit hard and just north-west a bit
of me too.

Worried about Pam Shirk - the reports say North Carolina was particularly
badly hit.

Yowie

My tv said, "NC coast". Pam does not live near the coast. She lives in
the middle
between Raleigh and the mountains. Plenty rain but not tornados, said
the tv.

Parts of Raleigh and surrounding areas got hit hard. Spotty damage,
but devastating where it hit. Local news says that such a string of
twisters is unprecedented in the history of the state.

[email protected] April 18th 11 03:03 PM

tornadoes?

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 22:15:48 -0400, wrote:

Parts of Raleigh and surrounding areas got hit hard. Spotty damage,
but devastating where it hit. Local news says that such a string of
twisters is unprecedented in the history of the state.

Here's local news with photos and videos.

http://triangle.news14.com/

Click the "Share Storm Damage" bar.

tanadashoes April 19th 11 07:47 PM

tornadoes?

On 4/17/2011 5:25 PM, Spock-n-Persephone wrote:
Just reading the news about the awful and deadly tornadoes in the US.
I'm hoping all our RPCA folks are safe and out of harm's way.

Tish

Large swatch cut about five miles north of us. 3 dead and 87 injured.
It just missed Ft Bragg and crossed through the north part of town. We
lost power for a while but not even the owners were upset.

Pam S.